Brand se berg, Nardouws Pas - Karin A se Vuurdoop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgg

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Piaggio (all models)
So Luther suggested a nice slow ride to give Karin a some experience of a ride.

Saturday morning Funtana , Karin A on a skygo, Luther and myself set off on a nice easy short trip. While stopping for a break at the doring river bridge a Xr 650 appeared , we stopped him and met Deon, who then joined us.

Attachments

• DSC04940.JPG
    DSC04940.JPG
    129.2 KB
  • DSC04942.JPG
    DSC04942.JPG
    100.7 KB
  • DSC04946.JPG
    DSC04946.JPG
    118.6 KB
  • DSC04947.JPG
    DSC04947.JPG
    98.1 KB
  • DSC04948.JPG
    DSC04948.JPG
    115 KB
  • DSC04939.JPG
    DSC04939.JPG
    119.3 KB
from there it was up brand se berg , and first turn right towards Nardouws pass, had a few sandy sections.

Attachments

• DSC04953.JPG
    DSC04953.JPG
    115.1 KB
  • DSC04954.JPG
    DSC04954.JPG
    117.4 KB
  • DSC04955.JPG
    DSC04955.JPG
    110 KB
  • DSC04958.JPG
    DSC04958.JPG
    92 KB
  • DSC04962.JPG
    DSC04962.JPG
    110.5 KB
  • DSC04965.JPG
    DSC04965.JPG
    106.7 KB
eventually reached the bottom of the pass as stopped at Bulshoek for a rest

Attachments

• DSC04975.JPG
    DSC04975.JPG
    85.2 KB
  • DSC04983.JPG
    DSC04983.JPG
    137.9 KB
  • DSC04984.JPG
    DSC04984.JPG
    106.9 KB
  • DSC04979.JPG
    DSC04979.JPG
    136.7 KB
  • DSC04978.JPG
    DSC04978.JPG
    67.7 KB
  • DSC04976.JPG
    DSC04976.JPG
    77.8 KB
Gooi ook maar vir Karin in diep. Het jare terug rantsoene gesmokkel daar op die plase bo op Brand se berg rond. Ek onthou die paaie as redelik los dik sand daarbo.
Mooi RR en pics  :thumleft:

Looks like a good time was had out there. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Thanks for sharing it. ;)

the trip almost had a nightmare ending, another biker and myself had one of the local population jump into the middle of the road when we entered klawer, we managed to mostly  avoid him and carried on.

Just before vredendal as I came around a corner 2 traffic cops cars lights flashing came towards me, one in each lane, now the klr is not known for braking capabilites and I was doing about 120, so it took some serious action not to ride into them.

I stopped and was informed that I had driven away from a accident scene. I informed them that as far as I was concerned there was no accident. But they where adamant and insisted I get someone to fetch my bike and ride back to klawer with them.

Luckily one of the officers was from the local traffics and I knew him well. He then had a chat with the provincial cops and they agreed that I could ride my bike back to the Klawer police station.

They enquired about the other biker, but I did not know him.

getting to klawer police, I heard them ask about the victim, one said a ambulance had collected him, the other one pointed out that he is still outside. Sure enough there he was lying on the pavement in front of the cop shop, with a few splatters of blood, the traffic cop tried to get a statement from him but he was to drunk to respond and could not remember what happened.

The cop in charge arrived and asked my version of the story. Now he was white, the one traffic cop with the attitude was black and adamant.

The cop them commented that the victim was a known drunk and frequently locked up. So he took my name number and said I was free to go. Nearly big shit, luckily the right people on duty.

So ek neem aan Luther se fiets is nie meer te koop nie?

chrisL said:
So ek neem aan Luther se fiets is nie meer te koop nie?

weet nie, maar karin a wou gister op n stadium haar s,n weg gee

Lekker pad wat julle gery het. Kan nou in die droë tyd sanderig raak.

Sal graag Karin A se eie verslag wil hoor.  :3some:

Karin is n toughie. Julle moes haar miskien nie op sulke erg paaie geneem het nie. :eek7:
Die foto op die Kransgat kuier geneem. Dink Luther staan net buite kamera sig met n koue bier aangesien daardie tasse te swaar was  :imaposer:

Attachments

• 12090020.jpg
    12090020.jpg
    194.5 KB
tgg said:
the trip almost had a nightmare ending, another biker and myself had one of the local population jump into the middle of the road when we entered klawer, we managed to mostly  avoid him and carried on.

Just before vredendal as I came around a corner 2 traffic cops cars lights flashing came towards me, one in each lane, now the klr is not known for braking capabilites and I was doing about 120, so it took some serious action not to ride into them.

I stopped and was informed that I had driven away from a accident scene. I informed them that as far as I was concerned there was no accident. But they where adamant and insisted I get someone to fetch my bike and ride back to klawer with them.

Luckily one of the officers was from the local traffics and I knew him well. He then had a chat with the provincial cops and they agreed that I could ride my bike back to the Klawer police station.

They enquired about the other biker, but I did not know him.

getting to klawer police, I heard them ask about the victim, one said a ambulance had collected him, the other one pointed out that he is still outside. Sure enough there he was lying on the pavement in front of the cop shop, with a few splatters of blood, the traffic cop tried to get a statement from him but he was to drunk to respond and could not remember what happened.

The cop in charge arrived and asked my version of the story. Now he was white, the one traffic cop with the attitude was black and adamant.

The cop them commented that the victim was a known drunk and frequently locked up. So he took my name number and said I was free to go. Nearly big shit, luckily the right people on duty.

Sulke stront het mens nie nodig nie.
Daar in Clanwilliam het ek vleis afgelewer by n klient in die lokasie eendag. So n groepie gangsters corner my toe in n straat. Ek was in toyota bakkie met redelike trailer agteraan en kon nie net omdraai nie. Was seker maar in slegte bui want spring toe uit en kry die belhamels beet. Een wou my met n black label quart bottel slaan maar ongelukkig vir hom kry ek toe die bottel in hande en breek dit in sy gevreet en steek ene in die keel met stuk bottel wat nog in my hand was. Natuurlik self defence maar kleurling polisie sersant het lank probeer dat ek en werkgewer (Kevin Mouton - oorlede )bribe betaal aan hom en hospitaal kostes wat hy die polisiebeampte sommer sou behartig. Sy allie.

Sanderig beskryf nie daai pad goed genoeg nie.  Vlgs my is woorde soos hel, martel & nagmerrie meer gepas.

Daar was trane en helmet hare.  Goed soos "ek ry nooit-ooit weer bike nie", "hier dood ek vandag" en "ek kan nie veder nie" was gese.  Die bike het ook 'n spieel en flikkerlig verloor.

Nadat ek omtrent driekwart van die pad deur gesuffer het, het iemand vir Luther gevra of hy my bike se banddruk by die huis getoets het...  Hy het nie.  :patch:  Die agterwiel was reg maar die voorwiel se druk was 1.8.  Moet erken dat dit darem toe van daar af beter met die ryery gegaan het.

Dankie vir almal se geduld, begrip en dat julle my nie gevloek het omdat julle sooooo lank vir my moes wag nie.

My lyf is vandag nogals seer ...veral my arms.  Maar, ek sal ok wees en weer later (baie later) my bike ry.  Het darem 1 baie belangrike les uit die besigheid geleer:  TOETS JOU EIE BANDDRUK!

Jong, jy't my al daai vorige keer op my senuwees gehad toe ek jou moes optel met daai quad, daai dag gedink jou been is af...Jy sê jy wil graag die goed ry :peepwall:

Hier is nog 'n paar pics.

Attachments

• DSC04981.JPG
    DSC04981.JPG
    139.3 KB
  • DSC04982.JPG
    DSC04982.JPG
    192.2 KB
  • DSC04991.JPG
    DSC04991.JPG
    74.3 KB
  • DSC04992.JPG
    DSC04992.JPG
    114 KB
  • DSC04956.JPG
    DSC04956.JPG
    90.4 KB
brand Se Berg is cool , maar die pad berg af is lekker sanderig , veral om die Draaie afdraand .Mens moet lekker kop hou daar

Andy, daar onder die Doringrivier-brug is sand, nie op die pad nie :peepwall: :pot:

Latest posts