Bricks on the N1, Cape Town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pongo

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
On my way to Town Friday at noon, I was not in a hurry to get back to the office , so I cruised at about 100k/h claiming my space between the cars and maintaining a safe following distance on the N1 on a section of the road at Paarden Island. With the construction, barriers and new bends it would not be safe to do lane splitting anyway. Next moment some bricks appear from under the car in front of me. I managed to miss the first lot, but then more appeared in the line I took to avoid the first. Struck a brick with the left side of my front wheel (by that time I was already standing, don’t know why ;D) did two slaloms (heard the Anakees biting) and was on my way again, heart pounding in my throat :eek:.

Back at the office I tried every number I could think of (CTCC, Metro, etc) to get someone to remove the hazard, but after 6 calls being referred to another number, I gave up ???. Let alone trying to make a case/claim. Later the afternoon I noticed it was cleared.

I only hope 2010 is worth this simultaneous construction on all the roads and hopefully we will be left with better roads 8).

Attachments

• Brick N1.jpg
    Brick N1.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 192