Brits Canals Ride pics - 13 July 2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeonDude

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Just a couple of photies from the Canals route that GundaGunda planned for us today. Thank GG, and everybody that rode with. There were two innocent little offs, but I'll leave it to the okes who came off to tell - if they want to. Ok Ganjora that doesn't include you - What Happened?!!!
Here's some pics of what was an absolutely fabulous day, thanks everybody.

100_1423.jpg

100_1424.jpg

100_1429.jpg

100_1430.jpg

100_1434.jpg

100_1438.jpg

100_1439.jpg

100_1440.jpg

Hey lyk my as die forum stil is ry Uncle sommer twee keer oor een naweek ;D

CAPTAIN SLOW said:
Hey lyk my as die forum stil is ry Uncle sommer twee keer oor een naweek ;D

Flippit! Uitgevang! DS biking is rerig besig om my te kiellie CS. Dis asof ek n bietjie groei elke keer as ek op n ordentlike ride was. Sal maar sien waarheen die paadjie my vat...

Thanks for kicking the fred off Uncle.
Got a busy day with a client tomorrow and have to do some huiswerk, so no long "letter to granny" ride report tonight - Do I hear a few "whoopies" out there?
Fear not - it will come later in the week.
But thanks for yet another lekka day guys. Seriously enjoyable again. 
Lesson for the day. When you see your buddies having a little scrap with a mudmonster up ahead the first thing to do is make sure you have fresh batteries in your camera.  :(
Doggone, that was one of the best "lay the bike downs" I have seen. Tastefull, distinguished and gracefull. None of the normal hand and foot waving - just a few wiggles and a gentle sa-looosh. 
And next time we can do a sleepover at the "Letsitele by Night Hotel" - anyone keen ? 
And Jules, I have no idea how they know who the goats belong to either.

A lovely ride !  ;D Thanks to all involved.

My son's first Pillion ride with the WildDogs. He really enjoyed it.

We had a slightly muddy dismount at one stage. No damage , just bruised egos.

Thanks to all involved

Jules
Li
IceCreamMan
Welsh
Ganjora
GundaGunda
Zerc
Uncle
Malgat
Roek (sorry -corrected)
Doggone and Alex

(anyone I forgot?)

GundaGunda said:
Doggone said:
My son's first Pillion ride with the WildDogs. He really enjoyed it.
It was great to have him along - he even seemed to enjoy his dad dropping him in the mud.

Everybody sitting at the restaurant when someone mentions that only two people had gone down today - This is when Doggone's pillions reminds us - No, THREE people went down today!
Good laughs all around!

Hijack on

Uncle gaan jy nou eers wag tot jou nommer plaat afval voor jy hom op die regte plek vasmaak?

Hijack off

CAPTAIN SLOW said:
Hijack on

Uncle gaan jy nou eers wag tot jou nommer plaat afval voor jy hom op die regte plek vasmaak?

Hijack off

Het vandag (en gister) n paar lelike bumps geslaan, en nogal op spoed, en die plaat sit. Hy's seker maar ok daar.

Jeez, how'z that bike of ICM, it has less than 600 K's on the clock! Brand new, but you wouldn't say so if you saw how he rides it!

shark_za said:
Did you chase ICM and Welsh away from the lunch?

Had to duck, just after Breedtsneck with ICM, then got stuck in a huge roadblock 1km after leavin ICM!!

Good ride though, almost lost it big time out of one bridge, real big speed wobble only just caught it. Gotta like Jules, so I saywhat were we running down that stretch "about 140" nopehe says according to the GPS, 138.8 ::) ::)   

Thanks for the ride guys, enjoyed it the GSV enjoyed it too 8)

Also had a great time. At one stage the GSA was airborne after hitting a slight bump but afterwards Roek said that after I landed some "stuff" fell off and he handed me my hooter back

Uncle you took no prisoners as far as riding over the weekend goes. Great stuff

I see the crash I went past on the way made headlines, the Lambo Diablo versus golf, the end result looked like a "T bone" but the Lambo had been travelling sideways when it hit the Golf!!

I did not take pics, it was clear people had died.

Only took a couple of pics afterwards, this "pot hole" could have been fun,
Template001.jpg

So whilst playing pothole guard, I shot this one ;D

Template002.jpg

Welsh

shark_za said:

Had a family lunch , got home late got karked on , may as well have stayed out later  :ricky:

Good day out , thanks all...

Uncle said:
Jeez, how'z that bike of ICM, it has less than 600 K's on the clock! Brand new, but you wouldn't say so if you saw how he rides it!

Manual says i may not for the first 800km's ride it more than half throttle , then to 1600km'sa at 3 quarter throttle...  i stuck to this yesterday ...cept a lil bit on the highway home where i may have ventured a lil more than half throttle.

bike started the day on 375 km's

ended the day on 620km's

no better way to run it in i reckon cos there is lots of variation of throttle, stops along the way to allow it to heat cycle etc...

still uses not a drop of oil  ;D

IceCreamMan said:
shark_za said:

Had a family lunch , got home late got karked on , may as well have stayed out later  :ricky:

Good day out , thanks all...

Plus one, some misunderstanding on what time I should have been back :peepwall: