C02... it's not just all hot air!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobCrouch

Not a bachelor.
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
I love CO2... now there is even a tyre model number that reflects my passion for the subject...
Fitted a C02 Mitas on my KLR yesterday at 36406k, will be comparing it with the K74 Heidie I had on previously.
Mainly I wanted to see how long it will last with my mix of riding surfaces and also see how it holds up on the grip side as well.
As you all know the K74 impressed me immensely so this rubber has some proving to do as far as I am concerned.

Big thanks to Giel at Safari 4x4 for fitting the tyre mahala in exchange for some feedback as to how it shapes up as I wring it out...
The cost was R 500 odd (will add exact price when I get my wallet back later this morning), they normally charge R70 for fitting which includes balancing on a proper machine. Giel did a excellent job in this regard, what with the fat tube and all he had to re seat it a couple of times to get the balance down to an acceptable level. Spot on in this regard.

My fist run was out to the dirt ring road and then back home past our MX track... 40plus kilos to scrub it in.
My first impression was that it is less squirmy but I think that had to do with the correct pressure... when I had the K74 fitted we started with 1.5 kpa... and only after I took it up to 2.6 did it become less noticeable.
The Mitas recommended max is 2.6 for this tyre, so far running it at 2 seems fine.
It is quiter than the Heidie, due to the different block layout I presume.
I will only really be able to assess the stopping capability after a bit more scrubbing.

First impression so far... nogal a lekka tyre! :thumleft:
Pics;
Comparison of the K74 and C02, the one is very much a wider tyre.
Nice looking on the bike.
Nice again...
Odo reading for record keeping!

Attachments

• Photo0122 (Small).jpg
    Photo0122 (Small).jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,358
  • Photo0125 (Small).jpg
    Photo0125 (Small).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,356
  • Photo0126 (Small).jpg
    Photo0126 (Small).jpg