• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Can I be scammed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@VT

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I've got a bike on Gumtree and received this response. Is there a way I can be scammed by giving the info asked.

I'm ready to pay your asking price including the PayPal transfer charges, How i wish i could come to inspect this item but currently i'm working away from the country... But the issue is i am an oceanographer and i do have a contract now so am presently on sea. The contract is strictly no call due to the lack of reception on the sea area. But I'm able to access email anytime as we will make use of laptop so my only quickest payment option is PayPal as i can send money via PayPal anytime. Since I'm requesting this transaction to be done via PayPal, i will be responsible for all the PayPal charges on this transaction and if you don't have an account with PayPal, its pretty easy, safe and secured to open one. Just log on to https://www.paypal.com. I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible? I have a mover that will come for it once payment clears and they will take care of very necessary paper for me.I need your PayPal Full name and email address so i can send the money now.

Your Pay Pal e-Mail Address :
Your Full Name:
Your Mobile Number :
Total Amount:
Full Address:

I will be sending funds ASAP.Like i said before,i have someone(a shipping company to be precise) who will handle the pick up,i will be needing the exact location/address for the pick up,in order to make arrangements with my shipping company for the pick up.With the issue of my details,transferring the name of ownership and signing of all paperwork will be done by the pick up agent when they come's for the pick up as all the necessary document will be bring by them once the payment is done.