Canola Run 2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAPTAIN SLOW said:
Eisbein said:
CAPTAIN SLOW said:
Jeeezzz this ride was huge....

Looking back at about a year ago Wilddogs is really growing fast ;D

It wasn't all Wilddogs...

But it was huge.

Dunno about you okes but i think smaller groups are more fun. 4 -5 riders :thumleft:

I also feel that way.

Everyone stresses less...

Ahh the Cape is soooo beautiful this time of the year - nice and green!
Great to see such a big pack gathering and that you guys had a fun ride out  :ricky:

Uiltjie said:
BigEd said:
Mooi Uiltjie! Well done!

So, who was the yellow 1200GS that wanted a drink? ;D

This is on a need-to-know basis!

If you had been here, you would have known........ ;)

Ouch! ;D Will take this one on the chin - I should have been there. :ricky:

Thnk you Uiltjie and all those that were involved in this trip.Well planned and executed.

A big thank you to all those that stopped to help me repair my flat. GoGirl, Kiethk, Mountain Boy and a certain individual who I shall not name yet, that thought to photograph us was help enough :pot:. I am still waiting to see those photos :ricky:

Debbie I heard that you are now considering leaving the dark side and getting someting with a propeller :pot:  :peepwall:   

Toni said:
Thnk you Uiltjie and all those that were involved in this trip.Well planned and executed.

A big thank you to all those that stopped to help me repair my flat. GoGirl, Kiethk, Mountain Boy and a certain individual who I shall not name yet, that thought to photograph us was help enough :pot:. I am still waiting to see those photos :ricky:

What, was Trailrider there :pot: :mwink:

surf said:
Toni said:

What, was Trailrider there :pot: :mwink:

Well, there was this black pipe over one of the roads... We defnitely thought of him!  (nudge-nudge, wink-wink!)

Many thanks to Uiltjie for such a well organised event.
And also to all of those who helped that we dont know of, many thanks for a lovely day.
Thanks to Uiltjie and Dirtrat for letting us have the privillage of riding on both of your farms.

Uil What a super ride, this definitely calls for a redo next year stunning routes.... :biggrin:

Must agree with Goose we are in God's Garden of Eden 8)

To all those who helped me with the logistics of getting my 'lame Beast' home a HUGE BIG THANKYOU... :thumleft: :thumleft:

and also to Yellowfever for allowing me to 'contaminate' his Beemer with this KTM gal..... :biggrin: :biggrin:

What cameraderie, concern and awsome team spirit........

Thanks again for such a super day.... 8) 8) 8)

Without hijacking Uil's thunder just some pics of the ride;

Up early and met at the Shell at the start of Sir Lowery's where we met Goose and his new charge;

P1010270.jpg

Arrived at the church registered and waited for the rest !

P1010272.jpg

P1010273.jpg

They started to arrive, all kinds of scoots even one's with double front mudguards  :eek:

P1010274.jpg

The big "manne" from the "city" making planne!

P1010278.jpg

We rode and had fun ;

P1010280.jpg

Its not what you think? Goose hiding away from his new scoot  ;D

P1010281.jpg

Then we all looked and saw the heavens changing fast.

P1010284.jpg

Had to rush to get to the braai, can these manne chow man ! :eek:

P1010288.jpg

some even had special XT tables  ;D XT660R managed to find "little Orange Riding Hood" in the trees.

P1010290.jpg

Great fun was had until the Rugby started  :'( :'(

Thanks Uil , Hein and company.

Dankie Uil , Johnny Bok en Dirtrat vir al jul reelings. Dit was n lekker ervaring in hierdie mooi deel van die Overberg,maak volgende jaar weer so !

Thanks Uiltjie for a awsome  :ricky:

Good to here that everybody got home safe in what was an interesting ride home. 

Weereens baie dankie aan almal wat 'n aandeel in die reelings gehad het.  Dis beslis 'n ride wat elke jaar gedoen moet word.
:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

BigEd said:
Mooi Uiltjie! Well done!

So, who was the yellow 1200GS that wanted a drink? ;D

YellowFever of Johnie B, wie sou dit wees?  :biggrin:

Lyk lekker, vlg jaar is ek daar!

Well after much deliberation, I have decided to add to Eisbein's report - to compliment what is already making most WD's mouth's water!  :mwink:

The tension was there on the Friday already with engine's ready to roll. Leftless' impatience showed on the forum, but I bet that his words reflected the feelings of many.
Alarm did not even have a chance to go off at 6am. Switched it off 15mins before, coffee, shower and get ready for the road .... leaving promptly as I promised myself at 7am on Saturday morning  :ricky: with the first stop for fuelling up and getting some cash notes, I was one the way.
On the N2 just after the airport - I noticed this line of bikes joining the N2 from the Kuilsrivier area and knew that the only other mad people on the road at this time of the morning.... in the same direction... just had to be Dawgs'! and yep I was right  :thumleft:
Finally catching up to the group of "mad" bikers, I pulled in at the traffic light in Somerset/Strand area - behind this moerse Beast in front  :biggrin: "Go-Girl" was emblazoned on the numberplate.
A glance to the left showed a huge grin on Keithk's face.... and we were off to regroup at the Shell garage as arranged!

A short stop and regroup and we were off to Caledon for the 9:30am assembly!

And there she stands... gleaming and ready to roll!!

The iron horses lined up.... waiting!

And so the first regroup point was reached - with some riders just sitting, impatiently waiting for it all to start!

Goodness... now I wonder who's scoot is riderless.....  :mwink:

aha!!!! BUST!!! - nope I was NOT skinnering GG  ;D

Awwww... go away! - I lost my goggles....  ;)

Where are those other buggers...?  ???
;D Uiltjie looking concerned!

Seen this similar pic before...... check that grin on Keithk's face... I'm a poser? NOOIT  ;D just practicing "side-saddle"  :mwink:

Brian - all I can say is............ AWESOME Bike!!!!!

This pic is only re-posted to explain Keithk pic of what I was doing in the Canola!!!!  ;D

Oh man the ride! ...... dunno who these blokes were, but loved the dust..... (that's the YellowFever man!!!)

Trusty steeds.............. and the horison beckoning .....

Is that what the group-hug looks like..... ?

Ok Go-Girl - I'll start paying royalties for taking pics of your Beast  ;D

The infamous "puncture" - and the help and support displayed... (Toni - I have lots more...  :mwink:)

Rain... and cold... could not dampen the spirits!!!  :thumleft:

Lastly - well these pics actually speak for themselves.... some people are just "too" healthy with their eating habits (cucumber sarmies... of all things  ;))!

Thanks Goose for the pics, please post more!  I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much!

Indeed it was Yellowfever.....he came late after getting home at 4 that morning......

My son Stefan (on the Husky TE510) went to fetch him, as he didn't know where we were.

dscf4806hf2.jpg

Uiltjie said:
Thanks Goose for the pics, please post more!  I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much!

Indeed it was Yellowfever.....he came late after getting home at 4 that morning......

My son Stefan (on the Husky TE510) went to fetch him, as he didn't know where we were.

dscf4806hf2.jpg

No problem there... I just love that one.... methinks I'll have to use it somewhere....? By the way - your kid can ride man!!! well done.

Latest posts