Cape Town to London ... any possible takers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Grey Hound
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Right chaps - here's the idea and concept.

Been waiting a while now for a scoot and should possibly have the funds shortly to buy one here (if Marius can find one)
So I can ship it over to the UK -  :-\ boring!

Was having a chat to one of my "big" Insurance connections (she's a big fish  ;)) and mentioned that maybe I would like to "ride" to Europe. This proceeded developing (as these things do) into a possible concept for an Adventure .. (Kurt..  :-[)
I asked her whether they - or the powers that be would ever consider sponsoring such a massive event.. to which she replied - very excitedly... YES - WOW!!! what an opportunity!!! Imagine how they could market their services ..."from Cape To Cairo.. & beyond" ??  :-[ :-[ ???

She called me this evening and asked me to send a proposal to her for such a trip.. Cape Town to London - prefarably 4 riders... and she will present it to the board and see whether they would sponsor!!

SO THE QUESTION IS!!!!!????

Am I being a total idiot here... for even mentioning this... or are there perhaps 3 chaps out there that would be interested in doing this thing.... with hopefully full sponsorship to cover costs. We only supply our own bikes!!! Would be nice to have a group of WD's -  ;D ;D Hmmmmmmmmm

PM me if interested..