Cat removal on HP2 Sport

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBendIt

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I know you guys are not keen on superbikes but I think this is one "super" bike that deserves a mention and some pics on this site.

This week I was fortunate enough to get to work on one of the very few BMW HP2 Sports in the country.

I was instructed to remove the catalytic converter in order to gain a few more horses and improve the sound

The exhaust on this bike is much better designed (from a performance point of view) than a 1200GS and thus there was more to gain from removing the cat - I rode the bike before and after and can honestly say (according to the bum dyno) that throttle response was quicker, the bike was more eager to rev and the sound is absolutely glorious

All in all an awesome bike - only weighs 180 odd kilos, full of trick carbon fibre stuff, electronic quick shifter, amazing brakes, fancy aluminium rear sets, instrument console with more features than PS3 and super special ohlins suspension - mid range torque of a steam train and superb handling - best of all the bike is stock standard from the factory with all this kit

but I would expect that for R230 000

Here are the pics

Attachments

• cat removal on HP2 sport 004.jpg
    cat removal on HP2 sport 004.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 201
  • cat removal on HP2 sport 006.jpg
    cat removal on HP2 sport 006.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 201
  • cat removal on HP2 sport 007.jpg
    cat removal on HP2 sport 007.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 207