Chicken strips, me, never!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pom, nice report.  Thanks for sharing.  Will have to do this one soon. 
Glad your buddy walked out all right.

just as a matter of interest ( and I dont want to open a can of worms) is he insured and will the insurance cover an incident like this ???

Why not? Insurance is there to cover your negligence and after all, he hit a rock. I don't see a problem whatsoever.

Even if the speed was excessive - like 180km/h in a 60 or 120km/h zone. Just asking for my own interest. I might be in the same position one day.

Roné said:
Even if the speed was excessive - like 180km/h in a 60 or 120km/h zone. Just asking for my own interest. I might be in the same position one day.
Please will you prove exactly what speed he was travelling at the time of the incident. Also was he driving recklessly or just fast? The point is he hit a rock.... I see no problem with that. Oh and Rone open a new thread to discuss speed vs insurance claim preferably without refering to someones particular incidentand don't be rude and hijack Poms :pot:
I'm just glad he's ok :thumleft:

Fugly said:
Roné said:
Please will you prove exactly what speed he was travelling at the time of the incident. Also was he driving recklessly or just fast? The point is he hit a rock.... I see no problem with that. Oh and Rone open a new thread to discuss speed vs insurance claim preferably without refering to someones particular incidentand don't be rude and hijack Poms :pot:
I'm just glad he's ok :thumleft:

I know the bike was insured, but I very much doubt that the insurance would cover it, if the claim forms were filled in 100% honestly, I took a few pictures of the crash scene, and sent them to Sean, as he was carted off to hospital straight after the crash. I certainly would not show them to the insurance company. Look at the picture below, I have highlighted my bike, parked next to where his stopped.

Attachments

• SG 3.jpg
    SG 3.jpg
    170.1 KB
Sheez! Glad he's OK.

Also glad there were no oncoming traffic at the time.

Lesotho seems great. Have to go see it sometime.

Pom if the claim form is correct I doubt that there would be a problem with the claim. He hit a rock.
Oh and Pom......
There are brokers, insurers and adjusters on this forum that have probably already seen this post and the pictures ::)

Fugly said:
Pom if the claim form is correct I doubt that there would be a problem with the claim. He hit a rock.
Oh and Pom......
There are brokers, insurers and adjusters on this forum that have probably already seen this post and the pictures ::)

Agree with you, 100%, but they are bikers aren't they :D