Condensed summer ride report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for checking out my pictures  :)  :thumleft:

Mooi paaie wat jy ry.  Daai Suzi maak my lus om 'n thumper weer te koop, hy lyk heel tuis in sy omgewing.

Kettingsaag said:
Awesome photos. Sien jy was by Isle of Skye ook in!

die pad van die hekke! Opgehou tel by hek nr. 20 dink ek.

Dorsland said:
Mooi paaie wat jy ry.  Daai Suzi maak my lus om 'n thumper weer te koop, hy lyk heel tuis in sy omgewing.

Hys lekker as mens alleen ry, en ook as jy nie te lank op n teerpad hoef te ry nie  :ricky:

Louis Photo said:
Kettingsaag said:

Die boere maak seker hulle vrouens loop nie rond nie.

Nice pics Louis! Altyd fun on saam met jou te ry!

adv said:
Louis Photo said:
Kettingsaag said:

Die boere maak seker hulle vrouens loop nie rond nie.

Nice pics Louis! Altyd fun on saam met jou te ry!

:thumleft:  ek Whatsapp jou vlgnde week  :ricky:

Dit was lekker Louis Photo! Die foto's is mooi om na te kyk en ook te raai waar dit is.

Sal nie om gee om so ’n Dr te besit as tweede fiets nie, kry ook maar soms lus om tegniese
paaie meer gemaklik te kan ry.

:thumleft:

Since I still haven't done any real ride reports, and I already have this thread going,  I may as well just continue to post details of my rides here  :deal: I didn't do a lot of proper riding this summer, it was just to hot, I drank a lot of G & t's next to the pool though, but I did go for a few rides.

This was a 2 day trip with a friend early in summer, Ceres - Middelpos - Sutherland - Ladysmith and back again to Ceres and Tulbagh where I live. On my way out of Tulbagh a woman turned right as I was busy passing her at a low speed, I hit her car quite hard but I managed to stay on the bike, fortunately there were no traffic in the oncoming lane.I carried on to Ceres where I bought 1) a big rump steak 2) a bottle of Jack Daniels 3) a bottle of Mybulins and 4) a half dozen crepe bandages. We also stopped at a workshop in Ceres to straighten my gearshift. The first night we stayed on my friends dads farm in the Karoo where i nursed my left foot and left fore arm which took the brunt of the impact. The next day we carried on to Ladismith which was a bit tricky because I could walk, but I couldn't stand up on the foot peg!

Attachments

• gannaga-seweweeks-2.jpg
    gannaga-seweweeks-2.jpg
    203.4 KB
  • gannaga-seweweeks-3.jpg
    gannaga-seweweeks-3.jpg
    150.5 KB
  • gannaga-seweweeks-4.jpg
    gannaga-seweweeks-4.jpg
    125.3 KB
  • gannaga-seweweeks-5.jpg
    gannaga-seweweeks-5.jpg
    179.7 KB
  • gannaga-seweweeks-6.jpg
    gannaga-seweweeks-6.jpg
    254.1 KB
  • gannaga-seweweeks-7.jpg
    gannaga-seweweeks-7.jpg
    188.2 KB
  • gannaga-seweweeks-8.jpg
    gannaga-seweweeks-8.jpg
    191.6 KB
  • gannaga-seweweeks-1.jpg
    gannaga-seweweeks-1.jpg
    91.8 KB
Exploring in the mountains close to where I live.

Attachments

• IMG_7014.jpg
    IMG_7014.jpg
    367.5 KB
  • IMG_7018.jpg
    IMG_7018.jpg
    174 KB
  • IMG_7012.jpg
    IMG_7012.jpg
    398.6 KB
I did the usual lap, Ceres, Katbakkies Pass, Tankwa padstal and back to Ceres with a friend of mine from Oz with a borrowed bike. heres two pics, but I also did a short little video of that day:  https://vimeo.com/138327085

Attachments

• IMG_3510.jpg
    IMG_3510.jpg
    342.1 KB
  • IMG_3537.jpg
    IMG_3537.jpg
    272.6 KB
Little roundtrip through the Tankwa on a borrowed XT660 with a friend of mine, we stayed over on his dads farm at the foot of Oubergpas.  I made a short video coming down the pass:  https://vimeo.com/146387820

Attachments

• tankwa_woensdag5.jpg
    tankwa_woensdag5.jpg
    141 KB
  • tankwa_woensdag12.jpg
    tankwa_woensdag12.jpg
    126 KB
  • tankwa_woensdag11.jpg
    tankwa_woensdag11.jpg
    129.1 KB
  • tankwa_woensdag10.jpg
    tankwa_woensdag10.jpg
    128.2 KB
  • tankwa_woensdag9.jpg
    tankwa_woensdag9.jpg
    152.6 KB
  • tankwa_woensdag9.jpg
    tankwa_woensdag9.jpg
    152.6 KB
  • tankwa_woensdag7.jpg
    tankwa_woensdag7.jpg
    86.8 KB
  • tankwa_woensdag3.jpg
    tankwa_woensdag3.jpg
    98.8 KB
  • tankwa_woensdag2.jpg
    tankwa_woensdag2.jpg
    112.4 KB
  • tankwa_woensdag1.jpg
    tankwa_woensdag1.jpg
    142.5 KB
My last ride was a solo 480Km trip on Saturday, Ceres - Wuppertal - Biedouwvallei - and back again with the R355. I made a little video of the eroded road out of the valley which I'll post here once it's edited.

Attachments

• biedouw02.jpg
    biedouw02.jpg
    158.2 KB
  • biedouw04.jpg
    biedouw04.jpg
    176.8 KB
  • biedouw06.jpg
    biedouw06.jpg
    162.5 KB
  • biedouw07.jpg
    biedouw07.jpg
    150.9 KB
  • biedouw08.jpg
    biedouw08.jpg
    157.9 KB
  • biedouw09.jpg
    biedouw09.jpg
    185.8 KB
  • biedouw10.jpg
    biedouw10.jpg
    220.1 KB
  • biedouw12.jpg
    biedouw12.jpg
    123.6 KB
  • Biedouw13.jpg
    Biedouw13.jpg
    129 KB
  • Biedouw14.jpg
    Biedouw14.jpg
    201.1 KB
Ai ai ai, wens ek het die tyd op hande gehad sodat jy my op n paar van hierdie trips kon vat, maar my ses weke oue dogtertjie en driejarige laaitie soek baie aandag. Ek wil al daai paaie gaan probeer. Daai Boontjies..... By Wolseley ken ek van my MTB dae, lyk nice. Ek is van Worcester, so kan maklik join.

George77 said:
Ai ai ai, wens ek het die tyd op hande gehad sodat jy my op n paar van hierdie trips kon vat, maar my ses weke oue dogtertjie en driejarige laaitie soek baie aandag. Ek wil al daai paaie gaan probeer. Daai Boontjies..... By Wolseley ken ek van my MTB dae, lyk nice. Ek is van Worcester, so kan maklik join.

PM my waneer jy n dag af het, ek jan jou in Wolseley of Ceres kry.

I like this style of ride reporting, nice pics. LOVE that 400!
Tx for sharing.

Louis Photo said:
Since I still haven't done any real ride reports, and I already have this thread going,  I may as well just continue to post details of my rides here  :deal: I didn't do a lot of proper riding this summer, it was just to hot, I drank a lot of G & t's next to the pool though, but I did go for a few rides.

This was a 2 day trip with a friend early in summer, Ceres - Middelpos - Sutherland - Ladysmith and back again to Ceres and Tulbagh where I live. On my way out of Tulbagh a woman turned right as I was busy passing her at a low speed, I hit her car quite hard but I managed to stay on the bike, fortunately there were no traffic in the oncoming lane.I carried on to Ceres where I bought 1) a big rump steak 2) a bottle of Jack Daniels 3) a bottle of Mybulins and 4) a half dozen crepe bandages. We also stopped at a workshop in Ceres to straighten my gearshift. The first night we stayed on my friends dads farm in the Karoo where i nursed my left foot and left fore arm which took the brunt of the impact. The next day we carried on to Ladismith which was a bit tricky because I could walk, but I couldn't stand up on the foot peg!

Hoop jy het hom by Geldenhuys Slaghuis op Prins Alfred Hamlet gekoop!@

SchalkL said:
I like this style of ride reporting, nice pics. LOVE that 400!
Tx for sharing.

Thanks for taking time to check it out  :thumleft:

Matewis said:
Louis Photo said:

Hoop jy het hom by Geldenhuys Slaghuis op Prins Alfred Hamlet gekoop!@

Nee, ek moes ongelukkig tevrede wees met die eerste en beste steak wat ek by die Spar in Ceres kon kry. maar ek het al BAIE droewors en biltong in die verlede daar by Pietman se pa se slaghuis in Hamlet gekoop  :drif:

I posted the edited video of my ride through Biedouwvallei, it will be of interest to anybody who want to ride the road out of Biedouwvallei from the Doringrivier to about 15 or 20kms further east towards the R355.  https://vimeo.com/159935148