Cooking solutions required!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leon H

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi guys,

I have almost got my camping kit sorted out, but everytime I go out, I am never happy with my cooking arrangements. Quite frankly, they suck!

I once saw a guy from Europe with a great little stove thing that folded up really small, which was then packed into two small saucepans. The whole thing was no bigger than say a 20pack of CD-Rs (you know the little stacked up cases). This stove was run by a little metal flask into which you could put the fuel of your choosing, then screw in the hose that led to the stove. A little pump was then used to pressurise the contents and run the stove. It was a great setup as the two saucepans meant it was easy to cook rice and meat separately.

I have tried my hardest to get a similar setup in Australia, but they are just too hard to find. Most stove / saucepan kits are either geared towards 4WD people, and are just way too big, or hikers, and the saucepans are just way too small.

Do you guys know the kind of thing I am talking about? What are you guys using to cook with out in the bush? Where can I get a good setup - I will buy it from overseas if I have to?

So many questions.............. :?