daPEEG gets some TLC after the last trip...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewse

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
OK,  so I damaged a few parts on the rough roads after may last trip...

1) The beak had all it's plastic lugs broken off
   -> I've replaced it with a 2nd-hand beak I bought last year - re-fitted it today

(2) The Front Panel Carrier/[ Headlight and Oil Cooler Mount Bracket] broke in a previous accident.  
   ->I fitted a brand new part from Bavaria Motorcycles -  re-fitted today

(3) I decided to remove the current HID converted Headlight and Bright lights and replace it with a 2nd-hand light cluster I purchased a few months ago.  The problem is that I have HID spots as well as HID normal & bright lights. With this setup,  I can't see black objects at night (I need a mixture of HID AND 'warm light' to see black objects at night. (HIDs are brilliant at reflecting white and light colours -it seems to be very light-frequency specific). The darker colours don't reflect the HID light back well...
Solution:  Fit "normal" lights mixed with HIDs + fit new 3,200Lumen LEDs (to be done later)

PROBLEM:
So when I removed the fuel tank,  I cracked the plastic nipple of the male 'non-return valve (see picture below of the metal spare I always carry with me on the bike)

QUESTION:
Where can I buy another METAL male (as per the picture)?  
I seem to recall a few threads dealing with this in the past (Welsh had some valuable input to these threads I recall...)

I've gone and spoilt myself by ordering a rear Wilbers Shock & Spring to be fitted when it arrives in about 2-weeks time...  (can't wait)!

Attachments

• 20140601_Male Fuel Non-Return Valve_small.JPG
    20140601_Male Fuel Non-Return Valve_small.JPG
    87.3 KB