Dasklip Pas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevgh0

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
So this morning we were suppose to ride out to the matroosberge, but plans changed. I scouted google earth for some tracks and decided to head out to Porterville. Kirsten came with, I really had to persuede her. The night before I had changed my gearing once again and I seemed to have put the masterlink's clip on the wrong way  ??? Wasnt too long that I suspected it and noticed the klip was gone. I thought, well I had to really sukkel to get it loose, lets give it a go... afterall I wasnt planning on being to hard on the throttle.

5km before Saron, the chain tuned me .. HOWZIT.

Called a mate, he came to fetch me and we were back on the road an hour later! luckily i had the extra masterlinks at home.

We made our way though Zonkwasdrift this time, taking a the railway line from there to Gouda. From Gouda we took the R44 to Porterville.

I got stopped in a moerse roadblock.... and presto, my tire ate my numberplate... sommer alles gone!  (solution please) Anyhow, the oke was pretty nice and told me to carry on. We then hit the dirt to Dasklip pas.  Potholes and loose sand from the beginning to the end... I was all over the throttle down there... Kirsten was hanging on the back of me like a plastic bag in the wind.

We went through the top and headed down to beaverlac, made a u turn and headed back to Gouda.

I did about 215km and about 5l/100km. Top Speed on the way back to Gouda, 154km/h. Not bad for a little fourfiddy- Two up. My boudtjies is nou seer.

Stevo over and lights out!

Attachments

• P1190434 (Medium).JPG
    P1190434 (Medium).JPG
    100.9 KB
  • P1190441 (Medium).JPG
    P1190441 (Medium).JPG
    79.5 KB
  • P1190447 (Medium).JPG
    P1190447 (Medium).JPG
    71.4 KB
  • P1190469 (Medium).JPG
    P1190469 (Medium).JPG
    78.2 KB
  • P1190474 (Medium).JPG
    P1190474 (Medium).JPG
    73.6 KB
Dasklip gravel

Attachments

• P1190483 (Medium).JPG
    P1190483 (Medium).JPG
    59.1 KB
  • P1190484 (Medium).JPG
    P1190484 (Medium).JPG
    42.3 KB
  • P1190486 (Medium).JPG
    P1190486 (Medium).JPG
    44.1 KB
  • P1190488 (Medium).JPG
    P1190488 (Medium).JPG
    94 KB
Some pics around Beaverlac.

Attachments

• P1190490 (Medium).JPG
    P1190490 (Medium).JPG
    72.2 KB
  • P1190492 (Medium).JPG
    P1190492 (Medium).JPG
    77.3 KB
  • P1190493 (Medium).JPG
    P1190493 (Medium).JPG
    69.1 KB
EtienneNXR said:
Nuwe indicators? Sommer 'n nr plaat ook op, cool man!

Ja, gewees,

Nommerplaat verloor en weer die regter rear indicator afgebrand  >:D

Nice ride Stev0 :thumleft: What bike is that? Looks very nice :ricky:

Nice one StevO

That pass is FUN to ride  :thumleft:

Did you carry on past the top to the gravel sections. Some good riding up there  :thumleft:

Mark Hardy said:
Nice one StevO

Did you carry on past the top to the gravel sections. Some good riding up there  :thumleft:

Yes i did, but not too far down the gravel. Maybe around 5km.

The road was really bad and Kirsten was complaining about backache from the potholes.

Ill head up there on my own  >:D

Stev0 said:
Mark Hardy said:
Nice one StevO

The road was really bad and Kirsten was complaining about backache from the potholes.

:thumleft:

If my memory serves me right (as an old man it comes and goes  ;D ) there is a route into the Cederberg from there, bit of a 4x4 route but you need a permit to get past a gate. Went there about 2 years ago with a friend. Excellent riding  :thumleft:

Mark Hardy said:
Stev0 said:
Mark Hardy said:
Nice one StevO

:thumleft:

If my memory serves me right (as an old man it comes and goes  ;D ) there is a route into the Cederberg from there, bit of a 4x4 route but you need a permit to get past a gate. Went there about 2 years ago with a friend. Excellent riding  :thumleft:

Perfect for a plastic wanna be dual purpose bike!