Delilah has charater - Railway Road to Rayton Ride Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blazes you nasty bugger. :p. Wont let me forget that one.
Was n lekker ride with lekker people.
That bike of CG made a horrible sound when it hit the deck...metal to klippe. Eina. Still cant figure out how she broke the left thumb when she landed on the rigt side.  ???Sy is taai daai girl.  :thumleft:

Cave Girl said:
TG, Cast needs to be on for 2 weeks before I go to see bone dr who fortunatly found my miss placed thumb which prevented the need for an op  ;D
Will take losts of comfrey so I can still ride to the Groot M bash  :thumleft:

Good stuff, wouldn't want to miss another ride with you... but on the other hand you seem to be too much of a wild gal. :patch: My reputation is at stake between you and Misty.  :imaposer:

Waiting at our 1st big stop.  It was here that we eventually found out that Cavegirl took a dive.  However she made through to this point but decided it was better to go and have her hand checked out.

ds24082008_1.jpg

ds24082008_2.jpg

By now we had crossed the R21 (airport highway) and we were enjoying a nice little sprint under the power lines.  This section could have made for a brilliant little time trial.

ds24082008_3.jpg

ds24082008_4.jpg

ds24082008_5.jpg

ds24082008_6.jpg

The trail took a turn and we then headed towards train yards in the Bapsfontein Area.  This section we rode all the way along the railway lines.  Every now and then you would come across a tricky section.  It actually wasn't that bad!  Came across some cyclists and even some quads.  You can really move along these railway lines.  The only thing was that the dust was real bad at times.

Here's my scoot getting some exposure!

ds24082008_7.jpg

Here are some of the others making their way along the railway line!

ds24082008_8.jpg

ds24082008_9.jpg

ds24082008_10.jpg

ds24082008_11.jpg

ds24082008_12.jpg

After running out of time we hit the tar roads to Cullinan.  We stopped over at the Lemon Tree for some lunch.  I must say the special was rather good.  Just an old fashioned burger, chips and coke.  Amazing how well something like that goes down when you are hungry.

Getting a quick pic just before we left for home!

ds24082008_14.jpg

Thanks to GG for the days planning and everyone else for making it a lekker ride!

TravelGravel said:
Cave Girl said:
TG, Cast needs to be on for 2 weeks before I go to see bone dr who fortunatly found my miss placed thumb which prevented the need for an op  ;D

Good stuff, wouldn't want to miss another ride with you... but on the other hand you seem to be too much of a wild gal. :patch: My reputation is at stake between you and Misty.  :imaposer:

TG - what do they say "If you can't beat them, join them!!"  :biggrin:

The bone that is broken is the 1st one at the base of the thumb - that soft buldgy out bit - must have hit the handle bar/mirror on the way over/down  ???
TG - Me Wild ..... never  :biggrin:

Misty said:
TravelGravel said:
Cave Girl said:

No Heavens.... I don't think I have the guts to keep up to the two of you.  :peepwall: I'll just hobble along at my steady pace.  :biggrin:

Cave Girl said:
The bone that is broken is the 1st one at the base of the thumb - that soft buldgy out bit - must have hit the handle bar/mirror on the way over/down  ???
TG - Me Wild ..... never  :biggrin:

Hey there... has it ever occurred to you that if you beat up your bike it will throw you?  :imaposer: Mayne you should you talk to it nicely like some people do to their plants.  :pot:

Thought of joining the WD ride on Sunday as I needed some practice for the training day on 30 August - but you were leaving too late! ;)

My riding partner needed to get back fairly early because he still had to drive to Durban on Sunday, so we left at 7am.

Some of you may recognise the views. ;D

P1020759RailroadTrack.jpg

P1020763TheRiver.jpg

P1020765Roadahead.jpg

P1020770Roadandrail.jpg

P1020772Dams.jpg

[/quote]

No Heavens.... I don't think I have the guts to keep up to the two of you.  :peepwall: I'll just hobble along at my steady pace.   :biggrin:

[/quote]

You mean you'd rather stop and admire the view while going for a quick swim instead??  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Misty said:

No Heavens.... I don't think I have the guts to keep up to the two of you.  :peepwall: I'll just hobble along at my steady pace.   :biggrin:

[/quote]

You mean you'd rather stop and admire the view while going for a quick swim instead??  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
[/quote]Hi Misty ;) NOTHING seems to eskape you ::)

Delilha only got a klap after she threw me off  :D :D
The saga continues - Going in on Friday to have the thumb pinned - doesn't look like I will be riding f a while  :( well at least that is whar the Dr thinks  >:D >:D

Sorry to hear about the "off" CG - all the best for a very speedy recovery!!!

Misty said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Misty Girl.... may I remind you that I am slightly larger than you (I am talking 30 kg+)  ;D >:D ;D. Plus I have just been downgraded to boring. Did you see Silver Luna's swim  :eek: - impressive :3some:.  By the time you all are finished I will be a shy wall flower.  :angel12:

Nice report guys. Get well soon cave girl.

TravelGravel said:
Misty Girl.... may I remind you that I am slightly larger than you (I am talking 30 kg+)  ;D >:D ;D. Plus I have just been downgraded to boring. Did you see Silver Luna's swim  :eek: - impressive :3some:.  By the time you all are finished I will be a shy wall flower.   :angel12:

Bhahahahahahaha â?? TG you so modest, and wallflower my @ss - maybe 3kg but thatâ??s just because you have a camel pack  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Yes, did see SL's impressive swim â?? hey what can I say, us ladies know how to entertain  :mwink: