deWildt on my KLE500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JohnST

Hi

First things first, hi all. I'm newly registered to the forum, but have been reading ride reports for a couple of months. Just been to lazy...  :)

We went camping at deWildt 4x4 and game farm the weekend, very nice and affordibale!! Altough some friends went with their bakkie I couldnt resist going with the bike to try out some of the infamous roads!!

So Sunday morning I asked some of the guys in the camp where to go etc they gave me the GPS coordinates of the Police station and the "Shop". His words was: But I don't know if you want to go there...

Then getting to the Police staion where everybody leaves their cars, again some guys I chatted to couldn't believe i wanted to go on the KLE....

Well the only thing I would concur is that it is not wise to do this alone! I was flying solo as all the regular guys had stuff on, Trojan's excuse of he has to wash his hair was about the best....   ;D ;D

Cause I was alone there was also no action fotos, and only my washing machine will know how many close calls I really had!!! ;D

Herewith some photos..

The bike:

Attachments

• DSC00089.JPG
    DSC00089.JPG
    90.4 KB
The hero...hehehehe. notice my boots!!
not atgat... don't worry I did change them before I went!!

Attachments

• DSC00097.JPG
    DSC00097.JPG
    93.1 KB
Welcome to the forum, hopefully you will post many more trip reports in the future. Four post and a trip report, well done :thumleft:

actually looking down now:

Attachments

• DSC00107.JPG
    DSC00107.JPG
    81.4 KB
  • DSC00107.JPG
    DSC00107.JPG
    81.4 KB
On the other side of the reservoir, man the camera doesn't do justice to the skid marks in my pants...

Attachments

• DSC00108.JPG
    DSC00108.JPG
    66.1 KB
This is THE flatest road I could find!!

Attachments

• DSC00113.JPG
    DSC00113.JPG
    90.3 KB

Latest posts