Double Drift,Andries Vosloo, Sam Knott game reserves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely area. I've spent a lot of time out there over the years and the Park management have put up some great new, and improved some of the old, facilities. Was out there the other day for a braai (went in the car) and it has to be my favourite inland area. 40km from Grahamstown and hardly anybody around. It's also VROT with black rhino (the last count, as far as I know, came to over 100 individuals) and buffalo, not to mention the smaller species of game. But the animals are quite skittish. You do, however, get the idea that you are in a real wilderness area despite the easy access. Despite the "dangerous" animals, camping at Double Drift is allowed. That old fort can be a bit of a mind-f..k. Imagine being a British red coat, fresh from green and soggy England, being dumped there to man the fort. Poor buggers. I think its time for another visit.

Can anyone identify the flower.

It is one of the passifloras (passion flower/fruit) â?? it could be the Passiflora caerulea (blue passion flower) â?? apparently edible fruit but not so tasty.

WONDERFUL Ride Report and outstanding pics. Great stuff!
Wish the E Cape wasn't so far from Gauteng-a-ling !

So this is where we will be riding this sunday & including breakfast....
served !!!!!
Just hold me back.  8)

Latest posts