EC Bash 2012 - My Side of It

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You did Watty and all of us who attended proud Jup!  :thumleft:

I didn't sleep well at the bash. I had no socks, no bakkie and no privacy from the sound of vociferous coupling going on in the tent over the road.

Can you arrange a curfew on fornication Jups? (don't want to jump on your parade here)

J-dog said:
I didn't sleep well at the bash. I had no socks, no bakkie and no privacy from the sound of vociferous coupling going on in the tent over the road.

Can you arrange a curfew on fornication Jups? (don't want to jump on your parade here)

Solution...

Buy new socks
Bring own tent
Wear earplugs when you go to bed!!!!!

Firecoast said:
J-dog said:

Solution...

Buy new socks
Bring own tent
Wear earplugs when you go to bed!!!!!

:patch:

had socks and bakkie (both stolen/destroyed) and earplugs not required on a family forum???

Those Buggers........... :bueller: :deal: Perhaps they didn't know the rules!!!!!

I have done my Final Accounting and posted it on Reply #3 for those who would like to know.  :thumleft:

jupiter said:
                                                                          The Final Account

When I worked out the entry fee I added R10.00 for contingincies and, if all went according to plan, I would be left with about R1 000.00 surplus. At the time I had already decided what I would do with it.

I'm a lawyer, not an accountent, but this is how it went. Along the line Marissa gave me a futher R10.00 per head discount on the main meal(would you believe that  :eek7: ) and the Goodie worked out R6.00 per unit cheaper than budget. I now had R26.00 spare, and with further cash donations received, I could give you the food tickets and the R1 000.00 cash draw. We were close to the Bash by now and my bookkeeping system, with members over paying on entries, cancellations, one nighters etc, went for a complete ball of shit. I knew I would have a surplus, but would have no idea by then how much, untill all the accounts were paid.

All is settled and the book looks like this :

Total Receipts------------------------------R58 152.00
Total Costs----------------------------------54 584.00
Surplus-------------------------------------R 3 568.00

The actual surplus is R3 262.00. Somehow R306.00 got lost in translation.

This was slightly more than was expected. I have discussed with the cash sponsors, as well as Watty's family, what my intentions with the money is and they are satisfied. Some suggested, and their apparently has been such usage in the past, to donate it to charity, in this particular case a cancer association.

I rather believe that kindness starts at home and a portion will go to a Dog that may have good use for it. I made that decision allready and will update you when the payment is made. I'm not sure yet what I will do with the balance, and first want to discuss it with my co-conspiriters, but my idea is to put it away for next years Bash.

The final breakdown then looks like this :

Cost of Bash----------------------------------------------------Covered
Profit to me-----------------------------------------------------R Nil
Cost to me in time , effort and stress--------------------------Incalculable

Reward to me for seeing the Dogs have a good Bash------- Priceless

SEE YOU NEXT YEAR

Next year I can help you do the the paperwork - I did it for 10 years for the Beaver Rally and have hands on experience.

Malibu said:
A suggestion...

Would Doornkloof allow you guys to plant a WATTY TREE!  

Certainly. They will do anything to please and I'll add it on the Wish List. Anything specific you would like to suggest or just a nice big indigenous tree that we can one day sit in the shade and talk about the good times  :biggrin:

FOUND IT !

The missing R306.00 was caused by THE BLOODY HAMSTER'S FREE ENTRY !   :imaposer:  (and then he wins the lucky draw  :3some: )

Lastly then, my accounting for the surplus funds. The Guidelines for Organisers gives me the prerogative to deal with this money. As the organising for this Bash started before the guidelines were laid down, I've been exempted from making a contribution to Forum.

Through discussions I understand that donations were on occasion made to charities. In this specific case it was suggested that I consider the Cancer Foundation, because of Watty's circumstances. In my view however, ones kindness should start at home, rather than an impersonal organization.

I have discussed my decision with Watty's family, my co-organisers and cash sponsors, and they approve.

There are a number of Dogs, with threads running on the forum, that can do with a little financial assistance. In each instance there are those, who by personal choice, are taking care of them. I would have liked to be able to contribute to everyone, but I want to keep some of the money as a start-up fund for next years Bash.

Naturally my choice of a donee will also be personal. Some of you may remember this thread  https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=94742.0  . Fat-b is a dear friend of mine and I know he will put the money to good use for Sally. From personal experience I know what it takes to raise and care for a Down's child... I hope it helps a bit Bryan.

I have not disclosed the amount I donated here, as I think it is a personal matter, although not intended to be a secret. If anyone feels they need to know the amount, PM me and I will tell you.

That then concludes my side of it for the EC Bash 2012. See you all next year.

FANTASTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Well Done Jupiter!!!  :thumleft:  :thumleft:

I'm sure this will carry the approval of most, if not all the Dogs who attended the Bash

Geen besware van my kant nie. Ek het reg aan die begin gese dat wat ook al die besluit is, ek daarmee sal inval! Well done bud!

Now i feel guilty  that I drank too much at the bash. I feel guilty for accolades that i don't deserve, but i feel honored to be part of the bash and the contribution made by the organiser.

Well done Jup!

jupiter said:
                                                                                 FOUND IT !

The missing R306.00 was caused by THE BLOODY HAMSTER'S FREE ENTRY !   :imaposer:  (and then he wins the lucky draw  :3some: )

Jup, please let me balance your books.As far as the draw goes,you picked the number. ;D. I only win lucky draws for working on Chrismasdays.
Next year I will ask you to pick again. :thumleft:

HAMSTER said:
jupiter said:
                                                                                 FOUND IT !

Jup, please let me balance your books.As far as the draw goes,you picked the number. ;D. I only win lucky draws for working on Chrismasdays.
Next year I will ask you to pick again. :thumleft:

Not at all. The books are fine  :thumleft: Jou beurt is jou beurt  :biggrin:  :3some:

Follwing this thread  https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=98644.0  I will make a contribution to Warren from the surplus funds. He is also a friend in need and the money can be well used.