EC WEEKEND THOMAS RIVER AREA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flatout said:
Baie mooi, veral daai dele tussen die bome. Sal graag saam met julle Oos Kaap ouens wil ry, was in PE op skool en Universiteit en verlang baie.

Aan Kally wil ek net se dat my twee KLR's wat ek gehad het dieselfde topspoed as my Transalp gehaal het nl 175 km/u. Die Transalp kom net vinniger daar uit maar op grond ry jou fiets baie lekkerder.  :ricky:
:thumleft:  Maak 'n plan en ons ry.  Praat van die KLR, dis een bike waarvoor ek baie respek het.  ;D

chrisL said:
Hel dis mooi in daai omgewing. :drif:
Ek wag jou.

Tiger8 said:
Mense, Arende en J-Mol, julle het werklik n ongelooflikke naweek se ry gehad  :ricky:
Die area, sal ek en Des graag n bietjie wil gaan verken, dankie vir die deel.  :thumleft:
Indeed, we had a great weekend, it felt like a week long holiday.  You guys are most welcome to come and explore our area.  Not only do we have some of the most beautiful area's to explore, we have some of the best hosts.

Here are some of my kiekies.

main.php

Safe landing at Thomas River. Irish slept in his van  ::)

main.php

Just asking - - - - How can you camp and do NOTHING AT ALL???

main.php

The start of the route

main.php

There they come

main.php

Dikkes is resting  :mwink:

main.php

All of them

main.php

Irish

main.php

Fargo

main.php

BradM

main.php

Kally

main.php

Die Arende - Fokus my kind, fokus  :mwink:

main.php

main.php

The road ahead

main.php

Ou Dikkes resting agaian. That was the end of the "2 spoor"on the farm.

main.php

After Stutterheim we went trhough Kologha Forest. Irish is more up to date with the area than me

main.php

main.php

Jou mooi ding  :ricky:

main.php

Huis / Paleis

main.php

Kyk ma - geen hande  :peepwall:

main.php

Rustig

main.php

BradM

main.php

Irish going over Gubu Damwall

main.php

main.php

Gubu Dam

main.php

The other side of the Damwall

main.php

All along the road I saw these "Bus Stops, or are they "Taxi Stops"???

main.php

As ek moeg word vd lewe in die stad . . . . . . . . .

main.php

Keiskammahoek Mall

main.php

Elke huis het sy Kruis

main.php

Group Photo at Sandile Dam

Thanks for the R/R Vis Arend, It was truly a beautiful day's riding.
Mev Vis Arend, I think you should become our official photographer, you really do have the eye for it.
As for the comments about the KLR, Well all I can say is that I love it and wouldn't change it for the world.

main.php

Sandile dam

main.php

BradM

main.php

Die Arende

main.php

I'm watching you  ;D

main.php

Gat in die grond

main.php

Ciskei traffic / roadblock officials

main.php

Entering the State Forest near Hogsback

main.php

main.php

main.php

Scenery

main.php

main.php

Mrs Visarend walking around looking for a kiekie oppertunity

main.php

main.php

main.php

BradM on his way

main.php

Die Arende on their way

main.php

Irish & Kally

main.php

Fargo coming closer  ;D

main.php

Arende

main.php

main.php

main.php

Our leader - Irish.  Thanks again Pat.

main.php

In Hogsback we went for a lunch at The Edge . . . . . .

main.php

Zebra Chairs

main.php

main.php

While we waited for our food, some were talking  :biggrin:

main.php

other phoned home  :mwink:

main.php

and other discussed family matters  :ricky:

main.php

and I sommer walked away  :mwink:

main.php

to have a look at the flowers  ;)

main.php

and to find our food because it took a while to be served    :pot:

main.php

on our way back, Ou Dikkes clocked in at 40 000 kilo's.

Thanks to each and every one that came along. 

Another big thumbs up for Pat for a very nice route etc.  Think we must sponsor so that you can meet the farmers in the pubs  :imaposer:

Until next time - Be Good.

Jaco

Visarend, baie dankie vir hierdie verslag en fotos.

daai area bly maar net vir my roep van die Kaap af. great roete hierso. Sal jou kontak as ek daai kant toe kom, vir navigasie. 

ek sal vir ure by daai outydse winkeltjie kan uithang ook

thanks for the pics! Sure is pretty around there. In 2008 or 2009 we had the KTM rally raid there and there were circa 200 katooms riding around those farms. We also camped at the old post office. Partied hard at night and rode hard in the day. Did you go through hogback at all?

Lem said:
Visarend, baie dankie vir hierdie verslag en fotos.

daai area bly maar net vir my roep van die Kaap af. great roete hierso. Sal jou kontak as ek daai kant toe kom, vir navigasie. 

ek sal vir ure by daai outydse winkeltjie kan uithang ook
:thumleft: :deal:

J-dog said:
thanks for the pics! Sure is pretty around there. In 2008 or 2009 we had the KTM rally raid there and there were circa 200 katooms riding around those farms. We also camped at the old post office. Partied hard at night and rode hard in the day. Did you go through hogback at all?

The locals mentioned the KTM rally that was held there.  Yip, we had some grub in Hogsback.

wolfman said:
Hoe's daai museum? Baie lekrr rr :thumleft:

Kan ure daar rondloop.  ;D

Visarend, Mev Visarend and JMOL thanks very much for posting this. Visarend sorry I only e-mailed my report yesterday to you. I have been scarce because of a little calamity at Bhisho which has to be sorted out. What excellent photos. They sure make the trip look special which it was. To all the others who said that they would like to do this area one day, do it. Any of us would love to show you around. Thanks to all for a special day. Cheers
Pat

Thanks for another excellent RR guys and gals. Much apprciated.

JMOL doing 170?????? Suuuuuurreeeelllyyyyyyy?????

That pic with the ccamera of JMOL set up on the water bottle with the bikes formong an arrow towards the riders at Sandile dam is and awesome pic. Well thought out guys.

Send it in to Voema magazine. Bound to win something???

Cricket finished now so hopefully the next ride i will be able to join. Need to still try out the pants i bought!!

IRISH, not to worry, my friend, my email is on a computer that's not working at the moment.  We thank you for organizing this wonderfull trip.  :thumleft:

saklx650c, be our quest and partake in the fun.  :3some:

spoedvark, JMOL were doing slightly more than 170km/h, we need to calm this man, he is getting out of hand.  ;D  We are waiting for you to join.  :3some:

Latest posts