Engine spares for 1150GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenDakar

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
The verdict is in. My pigs motor is stuffed. Engine evidently overheated two weeks ago on a short ride.  Mechanic diagnosed right cylinder, low compression.  On stripping today found piston and rings stuffed. Has anyone recently overhauled their, the pig, that is, engine and know more or less what parts will set me back. Alsoany suggestions where I would get good prices.  Hope does not have to be by the agent.  Playing with idea of stripping and selling off the parts.  Saw someone who did this some while ago and actually  surprised how much he got by doing so. Although it is a GS but has the adventure tank which should be worth a couple of rand on its own.  Very sad day for me.  Someone on this forum made the statement some while ago that the 1150 GS is not for poor old pensioners. I must add that my bike a 2001 1150GS  with 77000 kilos was serviced regularly by a qualified BMW mechanic.  I bought the bike three year ago with 60 000 kilos on. Did 17000 kilos in three years. . Bike did not use oil.  Except the the hallsensor I never had any problems.    Help and advice please.      Thanks