Escarpment exploration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beyond stunning  :thumleft:

You guys always do such nice rides, and your bikes are awesome  :thumleft:

alanB said:

We were really fortunate with this ride. The plantation workers had no issues seeing us there, even the dude in the bakkie with the orange light on the roof just sped past.

The track on the summit, in this picture snakes along for miles in both directions and we did only a "small" part of it. I wish I could share this route but from Boven to Lydenburg included lots of private land and we entered a couple places where we would have been "prosecuted" if caught.
Just note that entering these areas illegally doesn't mean that we disrespect everyone and everything. We stay under the radar, keep exhaust tones down, go relatively slow and never venture off the track. Thus attempt to leave no evidence that we where in fact there.
20150425_143900%20Copy_zpsee2q0cqb.jpg

alanB said:

Thanks Alan, bikes handled it with a breeze  :thumleft:

wolf skaap said:
adv said:
sonder liggies...

jyt n beter kans om preggies te wees  :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Hyt hierdie kit op en is 100% roadworthy met papiere en alles.
Kyk mooi, daars flikkers en als. Ek't net 'n 1000 lumens spot op die handlebars wat nie innie pics sigbaar is nie.   :deal:
So nee, eks nie preggies nie, ekt net 'n 450SX bike wat soos 'n 250 handle, met long range ratkas en wat roadworthy is. (nie pregnant nie, net moer lucky)

:3some:
pv02.jpg

miskien moet jy n thread doen oor die kit.

daar is nog n paar yz450's wat natis papiere het...

adv said:
wolf skaap said:
adv said:
sonder liggies...

jyt n beter kans om preggies te wees  :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Hyt hierdie kit op en is 100% roadworthy met papiere en alles.
Kyk mooi, daars flikkers en als. Ek't net 'n 1000 lumens spot op die handlebars wat nie innie pics sigbaar is nie.   :deal:
So nee, eks nie preggies nie, ekt net 'n 450SX bike wat soos 'n 250 handle, met long range ratkas en wat roadworthy is. (nie pregnant nie, net moer lucky)

:3some:
pv02.jpg

miskien moet jy n thread doen oor die kit.

daar is nog n paar yz450's wat natis papiere het...
Ek het so paar pics geneem terwyl ek dit installeer het. Sal gaan soek.
Weet jy of die ander YZ's inderdaad roadworthy is? M.a.w lisensie skyf met registrasie nommer?

Nice RR!!! I love that part of the world...was my favourite escape when we lived in JHB.

Beautiful Area. Thanks for sharing.

Lekker man. Used to be a great national enduro starting at Waterval Boven - Elands Valley.

Very nice pics and Ride Report guys.

When you coming down to Kzn so I can show you what we got to offer.

wolf skaap said:
JonW said:

Tell me more  :drif:

Well come down any weekend, 4 hours on the highway, you welcome to stay at my place in Hilton, then I'll take you on a ride that those bikes of yours were built for.

JonW said:
wolf skaap said:
JonW said:

Tell me more  :drif:

Well come down any weekend, 4 hours on the highway, you welcome to stay at my place in Hilton, then I'll take you on a ride that those bikes of yours were built for.
Awesome man! I will do so!

Anyone curious to see what a YZ airfilter looks like after 1000km's of mostly dirt?
20150502_122611%20Medium_zpsxnzw8nio.jpg

20150502_122543%20Medium_zpsvshm4hnw.jpg

Pretty amazing!

I reckon it's the placement, on most dirtbikes with under the seat airboxes the rear tyre kicks up dust and some of it finds it's way into the airbox. Under the tank is a good idea, better for water crossings as well.

Dit is so 'n pragtige deel van ons land en lyk my julle het die mooiste dele met julle rit raakgery. Maak my sommer lus om die langpad soentoe aan te pak

Really like your kind of riding  :thumleft:!

How do you find the routes - do you trace them on Google maps? The pictures from this ride do no look too hectic - are they doable by an average bimbo on Husky 630?

Ta

Xpat said:
Really like your kind of riding  :thumleft:!

How do you find the routes - do you trace them on Google maps? The pictures from this ride do no look too hectic - are they doable by an average bimbo on Husky 630?

Ta
not hectic. 630 will be fine.
I spent many hours on google earth.

Latest posts