First attempt at a MX race. GoPro footage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EtienneNXR

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
Yesterday was my first try at a real MX race, 30 guys on the start gate was insane.

I came away with a win in my first race, and a 2nd in the second race. Great fun, hardest work I've ever done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeV02CjcQK8

Thank youz

Some perchers so long:
581569_4144119933019_1458332451_n.jpg

Very nearly landed on him
557489_4141954158876_1299470952_n.jpg

Awesome video Ettienne. Impressive tight lines and speed through the jumps.
Well done  :thumleft:

baie geluk  :thumleft:

lyk so maklik as iemand anders dit doen

Etienne, jou legend.  :thumleft:

Maximum wespec', aiii.  O0

Awesome! Well done!!  :thumleft:

Was scary and nerve racking as hell.

I didn't sleep at all the night before, and when the flag dropped for first practice I'd completely forgotten everything I've learnt and was riding like a complete chop, over jumping stuff, missing lines etc.

Eventually stopped and said to myself ok just chill out, relax and focus. From there things started clicking and I managed to blaze some fast laps.

Starting on a gate with 30 other bikes was pretty cool, once the gate drops everyone is gunning for the first corner so if someone clips you and you go down..you're gonna have a bad time.

Luckily had two pretty good starts both times ran like 3rd at the start.
I'm racing as a privateer, EVERYTHING has to be funded by my own money that I work for, there's no daddy buy me the latest bike and accessories etc. So in that aspect it's pretty cool to have come away with a win.

I know what to work on now to get better, so we'll see how it goes at the next one.

Awsome !!!! Hope a BIG sponsor like Vodacom pick you up very soon  cause you had some serious airtime there :thumleft:

Wow great job!  :thumleft:

Love the footage - makes for awesome perspective.
That first corner seems insane!

Very well done ET !
To think , it was only the other day , I was giving you my used Rear tyres for your 125  , that u commuted to school on

Then did the Alternative route on the weekends with us ?
And look how good you are now !

Wow !
Keep those tropie commng young man ?

Etienne was racing his 250-4T against 250-2Ts and 450s and he managed to outdrag almost all of them.  In the second race he was at the corner 1st but a couple of the experienced guy came around the outside to steal his holeshot.  It was truly impressive to see him going fast, but not crazy, staying out of trouble and being consistently smooth.

Fantastic effort from a guy who pitched up at the track alone, with no support, asked for none, and still did so well.

Thank you to my biggest supporter Crossed-up :) Who always comes around to support :D Next one is 6 Oct!

Well done fella, that's some serious hang time  :eek:

Thank you for the nice comments.

This was the close one of me flying over Eddie from E2R
230418_10151026177806050_602924639_n.jpg

I've watched this video clip for the second time now and my palms are still sweating and I'm tired just looking at it, WELL DONE. Good racing.