First attempt at a MX race. GoPro footage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AMALOTZI said:
I've watched this video clip for the second time now and my palms are still sweating and I'm tired just looking at it, WELL DONE. Good racing.

Come try it man, you'll be hooked

Bliksem. Well Done!  :thumleft:
No you have set the bar high. Keep it there.  :mwink:

Very well done boet !

Chicks must dig you and all the okes just wanna be you

Very well done Ettienne, we are sommer proud of you!! Remember though, the more airtime, the less traction time. But it looks very spectacular! Now one day when you are ready to come join us in D/S again, you'll be a very good rider.

Very, very impressive!!!!  The video does not quite do justice to airtime.  Been a spectator from the side and it looks scary!

Please keep us posted when the next race is - I'm sure lots of Dogs will come support and cheer you on

Us old toppies like to stand on the sidelines and talk about ourselves in the good old days - the older we get the faster we was !

Jy mag maar dude! Goeie werk!  :thumleft:

Well done man  :thumleft:
That is really pro stuff.

You are a legend  :salut:

Next one looks like it'll be 6 Oct :D
Time to get back on the healthy/exercise train after a day of not being able to move.

Thanks for nice comments, y'all should definitely come watch it's a nice day out for the whole family.

Lap times from heat 1:

Attachments

• tumblr_majjtyU52S1rfto85o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_majjtyU52S1rfto85o1_500.jpg
    141.3 KB
Etienne2T I have noticed a few things about your technique that seems contradictory to your excellent result.  First, you seem to have a lot of air time, but at the same time gaining on the competitors.  I agree with 2SD that the more air means less traction (speed).  Secondly it seems as if you took the inside line on the corners while the rest took the outside line .  I presume that they took the outside line to keep their speed up and ensure a faster exit out of the corner.  Yet you seem to make up time taking the inside line.

I am by no strech of imagination a boffin in MX and would appreciate your comments.  Either way - well done.

RESPECT young man  :thumleft: never give up on your dreams, just go for it.

Nice riding  :thumleft:

If I was involved with a vendor, like WOA for example, then I would have been speaking with you about some sponsorship by now  :mwink: