flames from my pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scribble

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
ok 30000ks rolls on to the spoedkreef and its time for some tlc
so get the oil and filter and feeler gauges and stuff and now im ready sort of :D
do the oil change ,dont strip the sump plug like someone i know ,not gonna mention any names :p
and then download the ovad from advrider man those guys are funny
but they know what theyre doin
8) ,anyway so i do the ovad and very happy all seems good ,ride the bike ,feels like it pulls better just a bit more vibration through the range than what it used to feel like :cry:
so i see that at the end of the ovad it says you have to synch the throttle bodies or it will still not feel right
so last night masehare and i decide to try and synch the tb ,get the bike up to temperature and give it a few blasts and oh dude the kreef is blowing the odd flame out of the pipe almost like a backfire and flames
so now im not sure she used to crackle and pop a bit on the overrun but i never saw flames ,but i also didnt look cos i think riding and watching your pipe is asking for trouble :shock:
so after that i hooked up the vacuum guages and realised i dont realy know what to do now ,that part i will figure out soon enough but does anybody know why the heck spoedkreef is making flames from the exhaust and is it gonna damage her or not
although i must admit it looks way cool 8)