Forced into it...... with a smile

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFE

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Bought a 2011 XT660R two months ago, and what do you know…………. I already want something “more” (believe me I love every minute on my bike). So I’ve made the grand decision of buying myself a XT1200Z Super Tenere. But there is a condition I’ve set myself, also owning a CB1000R, which is paid for; I have to trade both the CB and 660 for the deal. As always one ends up being a white elephant.

WHAT A SHOCK – 3 Yamaha dealers in Gauteng is not willing to trade a Honda!!! WHATTTTTT!!! Rather lose a sale of a brand new bike because you do not trade another marque, in this day and age against our current economic climate, no wonder we get raped on all our other services and accessories, they need to make money somehow.

Needless to say, I’ve contacted Honda for a new Crosstourer, and guess what – “yes sir we are more than happy to trade both your bikes”. Knew there was a reason why I’ve been riding Honda for the better part of 15 years.
I’m extremely happy to acquire the Crosstourer, even more after I've watching some local and international reviews of guys who actually rode them both.
Still bit shaken by Yamaha’s attitude……