Free accommodation in the Okavango, Botswana (1 - 15 April 2022) with conditions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tifua

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
So as was mentioned in a post a while back, my old man and his SWAMBO have small property in the Okavango. Its the family home and has always been used for family holidays. A lot of work went into building it up and I mentioned to them it would be a great location for overland adventure riders that want to stop or break up their trip and see a bit of the Okavango. Its a work in progress and they will build up as they go along... life in the bush has its own pace but in the meantime the basics are there and in talks with them this weekend they asked if I knew any bikers that would like to come check out the place and give some suggestions and feedback as well as see it themselves and help spread the word back home to other dawgs. So now the fine print fine print...  :laughing4:

- accommodation (self camping / self catering) is free from 1 April to 15 April 2022. There is a shared dining room with kitchen so they ask that you either bring your own wood or just buy there. Same for using the stove and fridge, just chip in towards gas and electricity. There is a small boat there but its just the family toy for putting around lagoon so if you want to use, same basic courtesy, chip in for fuel.

- accommodation (tented with linen) is P300 per night per person. If you want to just use your sleeping bag on their bed / mattress then P250 per person. There are 3 tents that can take 3 people and 3 tents that can take 2 people so group bookings possible. Same goes on catering, there is a shared kitchen / dining area but cooking and power etc is included in your rate. Just contribute if you want to use the boat

about the place...

- there is wifi, electricity, running water.
- there is option to get laundry done
- Share ablutions, dining hall with kitchen, some basic tools if needed.
- Location is here https://goo.gl/maps/Gq1S6pU5U7NC4fY89 (located about 21 min from small town of Shakawe and about 30 min from the border with Namibia. Great place to stop on your way to or back from the Caprivi.)
- my old man and SWAMBO don't mind picking up fresh groceries in town ahead of your arrival just let them know what you need

Its a beautiful forested property on the Okavango with a small lagoon off the main channel. There is wildlife and obviously goes without saying it should be treated as a sanctuary. We want more places to open up to the biking community so our behavior determines how successful we are with that. Definitely welcome feedback on that things would make it better for bikers from those that stay there. If you want to go out on boat cruises or fishing etc., easy enough to arrange with one of the boat charters around there. Just be aware there are elephant around and of course huge croc and hippo.

for more info or to make a booking please contact Fran on WhatsApp https://wa.me/264818612370

some pics to follow