Fresh, young CT Rider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munro39

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Hello all,

I've been around biking for a while although I've had a massive leave of absence in my teenage years. I am a former MX rider, although we sold all the bikes a while back when I was young and scared of up-sizing. Saved up for a year to buy my own second-hand 2008 Honda NXR 125 when I was 17. Although not new on a bike, I'm knew to the scene of adventure biking and got extremely converted a few months back when my dream bike used to be a gixxer...

I've done a good 5500 k's on the exaar but recently took a massive fall (off the side of a staircase, not a bike) and won't be able to ride for some time. I'm about to get the bike serviced and hopefully pass it on to another joyful rider and begin the saving for a 650 asap. AlbieK and I have been discussing doing a trip to Nam and Botswana for ages, and told me about the site (and club). If you've ever seen a "guest" online in the last week or so, I can almost guarantee that it's me.

I live in the Southern Suburbs (Claremont) and would say I hope to see some guys around, but I can't get back on the bike just yet. I'll be there in spirit and will definitely join the rides as soon as I can get on a new bike.

Cheers
Neil Munro