Fuel injection quick-coupler. Anyone got the same problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fun-24-7

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I was the lucky winner of a broken fuel injection coupler on my 1200 GSA this weekend - the bike finally gave up the ghost right next to the Margate hotel on Sunday afternoon, after having sprayed me with fuel at various volumes all the way from Ladysmith down to the coast on Saturday. The problem slowly increased until the little plastic coupler finally broke completely in Margate. It cost me rentingf a car for two days while Morne Pretorius of Suzuki sourced a spare from Pinetown, and I only got my bike on Tuesday afternoon in time to take the hire car back and getting ready for the trip back to the Vaal today. Suppose it couyld have been worse, the flippen thing could have dropped me anywhere in the middle of nowhere! I still hear the Harley guys chuckling when they saw me dismantling the plastic covers there next to the street to see what the hell is going on....
It now seems that this is a common problem on the BM,s - Morne had 2 with the same problem this weekend alone, with a third just the other day....did anyone of you had such a problem, and what did you do to sort this shit design permanently? Who can help?
ps: I have a 2006 model, 90 k on the clock - just hit 90 000 today coming back, just before Vrede. First problem of the sort.

Attachments

• Margate bike week 2013 127.JPG
    Margate bike week 2013 127.JPG
    469.5 KB · Views: 94