Further adventures of monkeyboy and MissM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissM

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
Despite the pumping wind, monkeyboy and myself decided to go for an afternoon ride to the Hottentots Holland Nature Reserve.

Distance: 45 minutes
Difficulty: any level you desire
Grin Factor: huge

We found an entrance just after Sir Lowry's Pass and in we went. An awesome combination of gravel, sand, rocks, water, trees, and beautiful scenery. Plus we only encountered 1 other person in a bakkie. Not bad for a 4 hour afternoon!  :ricky:

There are main gravel roads that you can travel on, but then around every corner are these little side routes which range from fairly easy to anything you want really! Mind the eroded areas on some little pathways... and avoid the snakes too! Apparently I startled one, and it went for monkeyboy. Woopsies....

9_zpsfd7bea2b.jpg

Starting area

1_zps64414789.jpg

A 4x4 route we found. I want to go back and do it, as we didn't go too far with the clouds looking ever so ominous, and me dropping the bike a couple of times....

2_zps8b4d9d7f.jpg

3_zps55726254.jpg

Another area I dropped the bike in.

4_zpsdd565aa1.jpg

5_zps4121abcc.jpg

Monkeyboy is thinking: Stop with the photos woman and ride!

6_zps2935eab8.jpg

7_zpsbeef7606.jpg

Monkeyboy about to go across. I decided to go around this time. Can't be drowning the Dommie again!

8_zpsfad1eaaa.jpg

He is there, I promise.

Definitely will be going back. What an afternoon!

:ricky:

Very nice Miss M and Monkeyboy. Lekker . :thumleft: :thumleft:

Please keep taking photos, MissM. Sorry, Monkeyboy!

That last photo, of Monkeyboy going through the water, is incredible!

Doug C said:
Please keep taking photos, MissM. Sorry, Monkeyboy!

That last photo, of Monkeyboy going through the water, is incredible!

:imaposer:

It is pretty cool. Poor boy was soaked at the other end! I, sadly, chose to go around it.  :xxbah:

Ai toggie, mens sien nie sulke mooi plekke rondom Potch nie! :mad:  Sou wraggies elke dag gaan ry as ek kon!

Incredible that this wilderness is so close to CT.  I enjoyed this RR

How come you get capitol letters and him lower case....... ;D

Pistonpete said:
How come you get capitol letters and him lower case....... ;D

Simple answer really: his forum name is spelled with a lower case "m"  :laughing4:

TAKE THAT!  :imaposer:

xrAngel said:
Ai toggie, mens sien nie sulke mooi plekke rondom Potch nie! :mad:  Sou wraggies elke dag gaan ry as ek kon!

Yeah, we are SOOOO lucky in Cape Town. I try to get out every single weekend, as monkeyboy and myself are planning a 2 and a half week trip to the Transkei in December. Got to get the practice in!

Esh, dont want to be a party pooper, but that is Mto forestry grounds, and if the wrong guy catches you there  you would have big troubles. I have done the 4x4 route and you need a permit for that, and the permit states no motorcycles allowed.

MARCAL said:
Esh, dont want to be a party pooper, but that is Mto forestry grounds, and if the wrong guy catches you there  you would have big troubles. I have done the 4x4 route and you need a permit for that, and the permit states no motorcycles allowed.

Woopsy Daisies. Good thing we didn't get caught, then.  :sip:

MissM said:
xrAngel said:

Yeah, we are SOOOO lucky in Cape Town. I try to get out every single weekend, as monkeyboy and myself are planning a 2 and a half week trip to the Transkei in December. Got to get the practice in![/font]

Just finished a 7 day trip and we took it as it came, but seriously needed some practice beforehand!  It is essencial!!  Nice rr though, and good going!