Garmin 660 vs Quest 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
Hi fellow dogs,
I am looking for some advice from the GPS pro's out there. I am looking at trading my quest 2 in on a 660, what are the pro's & cons?
The main issue i have is converting the tracks to routes on the quest 2, too much of a mission, going between basecamp & mapsource.
I have heard that the 660 is slower to react on the turn to turn, or point to point areas.
Resulting in you overshooting or missing turns, also if you take a different route than what it has shown, the screen goes blank for about 10 sec's before coming back on & recalculating?
I have seen this as my wife & have been touring uk & europe with our daughter & son inlaw for about a month, (sorry folks we were in a cage) not sure what software he has got loaded.
Has anybody experienced this problem?
The main purpose of the GPS for me is when out riding in the bush & using goat tracks, local paths, & cattle paths, to track how you get from one D road to the next, when riding with mates then trying to save the track to a route, so that it can easily be used a second time.
Would appreciate a decent response in simple Laymans terms, on the better option, as these things can push the button, when hot and bothered stuck in a hot valley, in the middle of "Nowhere & Somewhere!"