GO GIRL's Namib Desert Run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi go girl well done really like your report :Dreally enjoyed the trip ,was great that there was not a lot of people,not to much dust and quads.Your ridding has really improved keithk better watch out >:Dso must a lot of the other dogs.Cant wait for the KTM ride.Iam tryng to put a few of us together for  the ride up. :wav:

just a few of the photos to wrap up the home ward trip...... ::) ::)

On the way to breakfast to Henties...Andri Maurius, XXX and myself had a quick breakfast in Henties 70 km s away that distance is nothing after riding 300, 400, 500kms a day.... 8) 8)

A Pic of another WD and his Miussus Terrier(Niel) and Ronel ;D ;D ;D

Terrier with a very difficult decision he took both Katooms for a ride    ;D ;D ;D another candidate for the Dark Side???? ;D

The expressions in Andri and Maurius's faces say it all..... ???

My toy being packed away too this is seriously not happening...... :eek: :eek:

More to follow..... ;D ;D

Attachments

• koes whk skpkoosDuin 023_resize.jpg
    koes whk skpkoosDuin 023_resize.jpg
    40 KB
  • koes whk skpkoosDuin 021_resize.jpg
    koes whk skpkoosDuin 021_resize.jpg
    35.7 KB
  • huis 019_resize.jpg
    huis 019_resize.jpg
    45.3 KB
  • huis 016_resize.jpg
    huis 016_resize.jpg
    52.9 KB
  • huis 017_resize.jpg
    huis 017_resize.jpg
    67.7 KB
ooops I double posted will rectify later..... gotta work again ??? ???

GO GIRL said:
ooops I double posted will rectify later..... gotta work again ??? ???
It's called being moeg ;D Nice one Deb's Show the Huishonde how it's done. ;)

Another WD recognise him........

BradleyS(Gavin) he was one of the official medics on the run and yes their services were required Gav you had fun on Dune 2 ;D 8)

Attachments

• koes whk skpdebDuin 037_resize.jpg
    koes whk skpdebDuin 037_resize.jpg
    56.3 KB
  • koes whk skpdebDuin 038_resize.jpg
    koes whk skpdebDuin 038_resize.jpg
    47.1 KB
Terrier wondering if should take both Katooms......he will be joining the Dark Side soon....????

And oooops this quad didnt survive..... :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• koes whk skpdebDuin 068_resize.jpg
    koes whk skpdebDuin 068_resize.jpg
    65.1 KB
  • koes whk skpkoosDuindon 008_resize.jpg
    koes whk skpkoosDuindon 008_resize.jpg
    34 KB
  • koes whk skpkoosDuindon 010_resize.jpg
    koes whk skpkoosDuindon 010_resize.jpg
    58.3 KB
A new looking person the proud driver of the back up vehicle for us......... ;D ;D

Attachments

• koes whk skpkoosDuin 001_resize.jpg
    koes whk skpkoosDuin 001_resize.jpg
    43.7 KB
Just some of the pics taken on the route homeward bound...... ??? ???

For those of you who have the opportunity do stop over at the Seeheim Hotel an absolute treat...... 8) 8)

A stop over at Okakahandja and also the Fish River canyon...... :D

Attachments

• huis 029_resize.jpg
    huis 029_resize.jpg
    71.8 KB
  • huis 035_resize.jpg
    huis 035_resize.jpg
    13.9 KB
  • koes whk skpkoosDuindon 106_resize.jpg
    koes whk skpkoosDuindon 106_resize.jpg
    37.3 KB
  • koes whk skpkoosDuindon 094_resize.jpg
    koes whk skpkoosDuindon 094_resize.jpg
    47.3 KB
  • huis 064_resize.jpg
    huis 064_resize.jpg
    59.8 KB
All in all an AWSUM trip an amazing experience.. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Learnt a lot a just realise just how much more there is to learn :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hope all have enjoyed reading the RR there are still a lot of pics but I think I have given the essence and crux of an amazing trip

An for those who have had a bad experience wrt previous Nam Des Runs.....as a complete novice to this.....I must say that I experienced a well organised trip  :D :D :D :D

It also has to do with the planning and getting away early from the quads before they start the rest is up to you (I think) as an individual to create the opportunity to enjoy that what you experience at the given point in time....

I would happily jump back onto my Beast ............. I mean I have only done 1950kms and want MORE ;) ;) ;)

Awesome Debbie!!!!  Great to see your determination and all the fun and achievement you were rewarded with. Keep up the Joy of Life. I am sure all who read the report have a lot of respect for you and envy you and the other guys for all the good times you had.

Just awesome, brillliant!!

Now my house mates also want to do the run. We'll study your report.
Thanks for all the great  and exciteting Info. Respect x 10!!

;D ;D ;DGee guys THANK YOU all I wanted to do was have fun and I got buckets full of it ..... 8)

There's a saying that goes "Girls just wanna have fun"  I had no idea that this experience would reach out to you all....

Learnt a lot about technical stuff in the process...that stuff that us girls normally stay away from....like the tyres
the type, the pressure of the tyres , riding skills, 'how to'throw'this machine into the corners, how to 'throw'your body around the bike. how to 'blip'the throttle (still learniing) and a whole lot more....

All in all an AWSUM experience and above all as Tok Tokkie says a Life Altering experience and it just comes down to Living and the Joi de Vivre 8) 8) 8) ;) ;)

every once and while, there's a ride report that just blows you away

this is one of them -great stuff Beddie , we proud you a WD!!!!! :thumleft:

Het MTB its GRT being part of the WDs so fulfilling and such amazingly WONDERFUL PEOPLE 8) 8) 8)

ARR yep that was a very scary trip had never done dirt till you guys had phoned me then"...... and have really being doing a lot of dirt riding with this wild bunch of WDs here in CPT hulle druk my in a blik" ;D ;D

Latest posts