Gonna buy me a bike!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats!
I bought myself that style Dakar in 2002 - lekker bike!

enjoy and be safe  :thumleft:

acf18870d5a6d7c4ed8fdaee1508a55e.jpg

Safely at the overnight point! :)
550km, one way. And we did both ways today! Thanks to Laurence, Deon and Gavin, and all the others who made this possible, especially SWAMBO! She's made my life such a nicer place to be!
Apologies to those I didn't get to meet at the bash: apparently in KZN it's frowned upon to exceed the speed limit, so we'd have never gotten home tonight; hope you're having a blast!

Thank you for the biltong and bringing the plastics through.

Congrats with your purchase

your swambo is a keeper ! 

Enjoy the bike !

Very naais mileage for the day robbie, i believe it is your PR in a saddle?  :thumleft:

Lekker om so opgewonde oor 'n fiets te raak. Veels geluk Robbie, geniet hom.

Congrats on the new wheels...
Nothing like a bonding trip when buying a new/secondhand bike...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Got yourself a bike there, Bud. :thumleft:

Congrats Robbie!

She looks very neat! Great buy!

SPOED  :snorting:

So, for those of you who haven't had the privilege of driving the N3 to Durban lately: there are average speed cameras the ENTIRE way. What a schlep! Me being of the kind that obeys laws and stuff (mostly...), it took me close on 6 hours to get to PMB, and the same to get back!
Being a BMW, it did give one slight hiccup on the way home ;) but the generous thoughtful previous owner who had taken SUCH immaculate care of my new acquisition had prepared for almost all eventualities, and I was soon back on the road! Didn't end up like this guy:
bc562f4b297b145f59929c2e04b0c629.jpg

After an overnight stop in Joburg, and MORE fuel stations with no fuel (WTF??) I continued my journey without any backup vee-hie-cle. Turns out a BMW isn't bad on the back roads, and I even made Vaalwater in time for lunch! Thanks for that 0012!
8bb443e01dc009f47deae5df8c594b4f.jpg

Home again, no power. So only one thing for it: more bike, bru! Some pics from another ride report (stolen!):
0b71b2d4ebad82ee04057f53320ee899.jpg

Preparing to leave!
2900a76e2fe227cc26331f7798cf58d5.jpg

Before the sand! Ha ha!

Got home just in time for coffee and food and prep for another day, another dollar!

This bike is a massive improvement from my last. I can even overtake when it's safe now! :) hills and speed bumps don't exist in this bike's vocabulary; but buffeting is quite an issue, one I will investigate sorting because I can see myself putting many happy miles on the bike! Tomorrow will be the first of many commutes to work: if I write here again tomorrow evening you know I've survived!

Till my next big ride...hou maar die blink kant bo!
Thanks to everyone who made it possible!
Robbie in the bush!

So, for those of you who haven't had the privilege of driving the N3 to Durban lately: there are average speed cameras the ENTIRE way. What a schlep! Me being of the kind that obeys laws and stuff (mostly...), it took me close on 6 hours to get to PMB, and the same to get back!
Being a BMW, it did give one slight hiccup on the way home ;) but the generous thoughtful previous owner who had taken SUCH immaculate care of my new acquisition had prepared for almost all eventualities, and I was soon back on the road! Didn't end up like this guy:
bc562f4b297b145f59929c2e04b0c629.jpg

After an overnight stop in Joburg, and MORE fuel stations with no fuel (WTF??) I continued my journey without any backup vee-hie-cle. Turns out a BMW isn't bad on the back roads, and I even made Vaalwater in time for lunch! Thanks for that 0012!
8bb443e01dc009f47deae5df8c594b4f.jpg

Home again, no power. So only one thing for it: more bike, bru! Some pics from another ride report (stolen!):
0b71b2d4ebad82ee04057f53320ee899.jpg

Preparing to leave!
2900a76e2fe227cc26331f7798cf58d5.jpg

Before the sand! Ha ha!

Got home just in time for coffee and food and prep for another day, another dollar!

This bike is a massive improvement from my last. I can even overtake when it's safe now! :) hills and speed bumps don't exist in this bike's vocabulary; but buffeting is quite an issue, one I will investigate sorting because I can see myself putting many happy miles on the bike! Tomorrow will be the first of many commutes to work: if I write here again tomorrow evening you know I've survived!

Till my next big ride...hou maar die blink kant bo!
Thanks to everyone who made it possible!
Robbie in the bush!

Many happy, safe and trouble free kilos Robbie!

Wish I could commute but I will have to wait another 6 or so years for that to happen. Got to get kids to school!

SPOED  :snorting:

Congratz on your new bike Robbie  :thumleft:

Robbie , I had a Dakar from 2001 to 2008.

Bulletproof.  :thumleft: :thumleft:

I only sold it due to my experience that with 2 up , on the long roads , it worked harder than it should.

If you take it easy , and not burden it with weight , it will serve you well.  :thumleft:

Hi Robbie

Got the exact same bike. Did 600km trip thru Baviaans yesterday beaut of a machine....Enjoy

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes...and the KTM riders for the 'braaaaap', ha ha!
You'll be glad to know that my new bike IS audible-coming along the road or hurtling past you on the freeway. It's beautiful!
For those concerned with weight: this bike isn't intended to tour 2-up sadly; but for it's purposes (commuting, off-road, short trips 2-up and longer trips just me and the luggage) I'm sure it will be just perfect! Can't wait to have another ride report to bring you all!