GUBU DAM & SANDILE'S GRAVE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JACOVV

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
This would be short RR as the trip was actually only 45 km.

Everybody was busy and had something to do . . . or so they said . .  ???  David was available and what a nice day we had.  Visarend told me about a road and I had to go and have to look for myself.

We went tar from EL to Stutterheim as we left well after eight and the photo's will do the talking.

1st Stop - Manderson Hotel, just outside Stutterheim.

main.php

Gubu Dam

main.php

main.php

main.php

The road Visarend told me of, at the back - in real terms - we are not allowed on the road, but we went for it.  

Not sure what David is looking for   :patch:

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

More scenery

main.php

We came from the mountain at the back

main.php

We phoned the owner and he allowed us in as he had no other visitors.  I believe no bikes are allowed at his place.  :patch:  :patch:

https://www.sandilesrest.co.za/

main.php

main.php

main.php

After about 3 kilo's, you get the cottages.  Very nice and they also offer Sunday lunches etc for those interested.  Now I know where I'll take Ou Bees one of these days  :thumleft:

main.php

main.php

The restaurant & bar

main.php

main.php

main.php

And then - there it is - - - King Sandile's grave

main.php

and while the whole world is running up and down, big Brother is watching  :biggrin:

main.php

After that we went to KWT via tar and back home . . . . .

Thanks for watching and Be Good.

Jaco

In hindsight I should have gone with you guys today!

Next weekend I will make up for it! Ek skuld julle twee hoeka 'n bier!

Pragtige wereld daai.Solank lewe,volgende  jaar.

I am sure David was looking at your back wheel and trying to figure out why that Mitas kicks up so much more dust compared to the Hydenhas!!!!!

Ou Dikkus good meer stof op deesdae!!!!

Dankie vir die saamry! Ons het wraggies 'n mooi land!  :thumleft:

Dankie vir al die reply's  :thumleft:

Vis - ek het jou probeer bel toe ek by daai pad kom net na Gubu dam.

Was dit die regte een wat ek gevat het?

Dis die regte pad, maar hoe jy by Sandile rest gekom het, is duister.  :biggrin:
Ek sal eendag moet gaan kyk watter afdraai jy gevat het.  Daar is so paar afdraaie op daai pad wat ek vermoed jy gevat het. 

Vis Arend said:
Dis die regte pad, maar hoe jy by Sandile rest gekom het, is duister.   :biggrin:
Ek sal eendag moet gaan kyk watter afdraai jy gevat het.  Daar is so paar afdraaie op daai pad wat ek vermoed jy gevat het. 

Getting lost is part of the adventure! Rn dit Nogals met 'n GPS Mnr Die Burgemeester!

spoedvark said:
Vis Arend said:
Dis die regte pad, maar hoe jy by Sandile rest gekom het, is duister.  :biggrin:

Getting lost is part of the adventure! Rn dit Nogals met 'n GPS Mnr Die Burgemeester!

:biggrin:  Burgermeesters maak ook foute.  :peepwall: