Having my son on bike rides with me is always rewarding and surprising

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Losper

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Spending quality time with my son on bike rides is realy time well spend. Apart from the joy of having him with me he always throws a surprise at me from time to time.
On our ride today he almost drowned his bike ( again ). He seems to keep me on my toes  :thumleft:

Attachments

• IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 288
Here he was caught in a BIG pile of ckicken shit, the stench was incredible

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 287
Here we are in Lesotho

Attachments

• IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 270
Lyk of jul 'n lekker tyd gehad het.

Ek het vandag my jongste laaitie op sy eerste trip gevat, so 250km gedoen, sy boude was maar lekker seer. Die oudste moes leer vir die eksamen.

Baie lekker om nie meer alleen te ry nie.

how could you be so insensitive and make him ride a KTM from such a young age, before he is capable of making his own choices!

or is that his sisters bike?  :pot:  :pot:  :peepwall:

Lekker Losper dis waaroor die lewe gaan. Jy doen goed.

Hijack on: \

This is a great example of why starting of young on a bike is so important for safety later in life and why experience is so important. With all his oopses he is still in one piece and the bike also. Now you start at 45 yrs get a 1200 take it off road and the first corner you don't make is into a barrier or rocks or a car.

When you have overun a corner on a smaller bike in the veld and crashed, because you missed a corner it will get your mind and calculations going for later in life.

I don't think because you start when you are young and raced as a kid and still you wont get injured ( me and Fenderbender have proved that...) however it will help.

Hijack off.

desert dueler said:
how could you be so insensitive and make him ride a KTM from such a young age, before he is capable of making his own choices!

or is that his sisters bike?  :pot:   :pot:   :peepwall:

Gaan kak man!!  :imaposer:

Great Stuff!! Awesome pics from Lesotho!!  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Great stuff. Noted a lot of Dogs posting lately on doing rides with their kids. Gives one a nice warm, fuzzy feeling. Took my eldest on her first out ride on her own bike yesterday.

We need to do a Dogs/Wild Puppy bash.

I am starting to think I am no longer taking my eldest on rides as she puts me to shame - ok so she is not so young anymore but has only been riding for a few months and already has outgrown all my bikes  :eek:
I battle to keep up with her  ;)