Hazard light on HUD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volroom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I replaced the CAT with a Y-piece from Powerflow in Durban over the weekend. Since I did the conversion this one light went on while riding. I found out it is a general electrical fault light (yes?). Seeing that the Lamda sensor was repositioned in the Y-piece I'm thinking that this might be the cause for this light. I don't have the CAT plug in the fuse box so I don't understand why the engine management system would be confused.

The engine runs slightly warmer (have noticed extra bar on heat gauge when it's hot weather) but not a concern really. I won't replace the stock can however with free flow unit...Can someone inform me however as far as I know the Lamda sensor would adjust the fuel/air mixture if it picks up that the engine is running lean (possibly due to increase breathing efficiency of engine by replacing CAT with Y-piece). If that's the case then one should be able to fit Y-piece and Free flow can without the engine running lean and therefore getting warm, right?

Please enlighten me

Attachments

• Hazard light.jpg
    Hazard light.jpg
    75.5 KB