Hello Africa tell me how you doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dankie M, geneit en ry veilig.

PS: Die ander Mods is lekker senuweeagtig nou dat jy weg is!  :thumleft:

All the best, you four.

Remember, that preloader has nothing to do with MP's revamp.. it's an OEM weakness in my opinion. You're better off with it out of action and all the way up.

Carnivore it's not a huge issue I spoke to Martin for sometime and he explained quite a few things to me. Luckily the uprated spring is rated much higher than the load the bike is carrying. The preload assembly was part of revamp on this shock.

The way he explained things to me and his commitment is a big help.
Just understand I don't get a warm and fussy feeling when I hear a shock make a whistle sound and the next moment it pisses oil on the ground with 22000km still to go.

Must add Swakopmund is quite a nice town. Growing like hell even got a KTM dealer and they say there's another 20 to 30 Uranium mines to be open in the next few years.

Unbelievable the amount of young single girls around here. You can measure a towns popularity that way imo. Girls do not stay in a shit hole of a town,they move to better places. Men on the other hand are too stupid and will happily stay in a rubbish hole. So in my expert opinion and thorough in depth reseach I did the last 24 hours in Swakopmund there Muse be something lekker about this place.  :biggrin:

michnus said:
Carnivore it's not a huge issue I spoke to Martin for sometime and he explained quite a few things to me. Luckily the uprated spring is rated much higher than the load the bike is carrying. The preload assembly was part of revamp on this shock.

The way he explained things to me and his commitment is a big help.
Just understand I don't get a warm and fussy feeling when I hear a shock make a whistle sound and the next moment it pisses oil on the ground with 22000km still to go.

Oh.. that wuz a bit of a bummer... When i had mine rebuilt, I excluded that part - didn't have enuff moola..

Eish, well, I hope that your rear end behaves itself.. (the bike, man.... the bike!)
:biggrin:

Enjoy and ride safe  :thumleft:

Ek is so fokken jaloers  :D

Afrika gaan nooit weer dieselfde wees nie. :p :biggrin:

Veilig wees julle! :thumleft:

Sounds like our next trip needs to INCLUDE Swakop  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

You bugger :eek7:
Enjoy and please will you write my name on a rock somewhere in the middle of Angola so that I also can say I have gone to Africa. :thumleft:

Hi Michnus I would just like to take the opportunity to explain something about the failure on your rear shock;
The preload adjuster is hydraulic and this is only done so that the adjuster mechanism can be placed remotely as getting to the sock to make an adjustment directly on the sock will be near impossible due to the central position of the shock.
This adjuster have oil in a closed system and have NOTHING whatsoever to do with the hydraulic function of the sock itself. All that would have happened is that the spring preload would be at it's softest setting as the loss of oil would mean that the spring would now force the adjuster collar back up the shock. As far as I know you can still adjust the preload but you will have to completely remove the shock and then find a way to thread the whole assembly further down. Martin will be the best person to explain if this will be possible, but from what I can see this is hardly an emergency and should not have a negative effect on the rest of the trip especially if you have a harder spring fitted in any case.

Cheers man and enjoy the trip and stop worrying about the rest.

Arme Afrika . . . Good luck and Godspeed.

(Sal seker nie help om te probeer verduidelik net hoe jaloers ek is nie)

Awesome, geniet dit en veilig ry!