help needed,,,rebuilding AT dash???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iep_kruger

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
im at the stage of reassembling my bike after its pimping,,,,,

now while im waiting for the stickers to be made and some chrome work i should do the dash,,,,

the whole idea of the dash is to incorporate it totally into the front cowling and behind the visor,,,,

i want the gps to be built into the very top part thus being into line of sight while driving,,,,

also going to put a hella socket (dual) and was thinking of adding a voltmeter and maybe switch for the spots???

was also thinking of building a glove compartment into somewhere,,,,,,dont laugh plse

so what i was thinking is making a dummy plate from cardboard or even stylefoam???

but eventually end up with a aliminum face or what do you suggest,,,,,maybe a type of plastic????

this is where i need help and advice,,,,how do you start building a mock dash and playing around with the positioning of the

dials and should i drop the speedo,,,,i have the speed on gps as well as the AT trip/time/speed dials

what else,,,,any ideas,,,,,,so once i have the mock baseplate i can build the real one with the cutouts and also do the electrical exstensions etc,,,,,

what finish should i do,,,,,foam covered with leatherette or whar about rubberizing????

so many questions,,,,,,,so many indecisions????

help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!