Hier aangekom- translate(sit down smoking & coffee in hand)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerrycan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha TW200
:coffee2: New here as all were sometime back, been doing AR for moons but internet came later, great forum, honoured to be a member and hope to contribute something worthwhile.  Since I've lurked some I realised I'm not the only ugly oke here so I shall duly post my pics and short history. (and I'm photographer with Foroshop so I can make myself look pretty)  Lived in Namibia, worked as press photographer, bought first bike, Yam 80cc Chappy, did 30k kms on it.  Then had a BMW R65S, loved the simplicity of the boxer motor with the Bing carbs.  (Also had lots of hair then.) Then a BMW R80GS, the ultimate adventure bike which outweighed a tank. Then a Yam XT500, less hair then, the XT was underpowered for 2 up touring.  Then the fuel injected F650GS was launched, by now I had so little hair I started cropping the photos tight, (just above the eyes) nice bike, light and strong but complicated by electronics and fuel choices.  Then my wife got her own bike, TW200 and after the second trip I decided to go back to the carefree simplicity of a basic carb thumper and also got a TW. That's my story.

Attachments

• history01.jpg
    history01.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 234
  • history02.jpg
    history02.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 233
  • history03.jpg
    history03.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 230
  • history04.jpg
    history04.jpg