Hogsback to Lady Grey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wernerroux

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi guys

I will be travelling with a group of friends from Hogsback to Lady Grey, mid March.

From Hogsback we will travel on the R345 gravel road towards Cathcart.  This road already can get quite slippery and muddy in the wet.
From Cathcart I'm gonna stick to the N6 to Queenstown
From Queenstown onto the R392 to Dordrecht
From Dordrecht I was thinking of taking Killian's Pass and Greylings Pass (R396).  Time might be against me especially in the wet. 
So I was thinking of taking the R392 from Dordrecht, that runs parallel (western side) to the R396, but I have never been on this road.  Can anyone shed some light? 
I want to avoid traveling all the way up the N6 to Aliwal North, but don't want to get stuck in mud.. the fun only starts the next day..

Also, the previous day approaching Hogsback, I will be traveling from Adelaide via Bosnek Pass towards Seymour.
From Seymour I won't be doing Michel's Pass, as some of the guys in the group have limited experience.
So I was thinking of taking the road that runs parallel (southern side) to Michel's Pass, the road that runs along Katrivier Dam.  I have never been on this road, slippery when wet? Otherwise okay?

Some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!