Homebuilt Headlight Guard and Touratech Screen Spoiler for GSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroke her

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
Hi Guys

I have been slowly getting used to my new to me GSA. After about 3K KM I made some conclusions:

1. The damned thing sounds like a Vespa :mad:
2. At 6'4" the Cape Town South Easter really is trying to remove my head from my neck with the std GSA screen
3. Bike has great presence in traffic but I would like to add an orange lens to aid visibility (yes I am a paronoid android :-[)

The sound issue was quite easily addressed:
LeoVince SBK Alu slip-on supplied by forum vendor Mr Topbox (top bloke even though I always give him shit >:D) joined to a y-piece supplied by Scorch. Rode it without fuel code plug and then with pins 5&6 jumpered ala Steptoe. The beast is happiest with the Steptoe link (2002 single spark GSA) And yes the 7-8kg saved by removing the cat and putting on a lighter pipe can be felt :thumleft:

I then though about changing the screen or drilling holes to fit an Aerotrim...did not like the idea of drilling holes in my screen and after spending R4K on the exhaust system I was a bit skint...I then decided to copy and bastardize the Touratech clip on screen extender.

The result is almost no buffeting around my head and less wind noise...I can now hear the motor! Not perfect but for the time and money spent RESULT! It is also removable for heavy corrugations and more technical stuff. I only plan on using it for distance legs on tar at 140km/h and up really.

Then the headlight orange cover...I wanted to protect the headlight as well as have the orange lens. I did not want to velcro on the lens as I have done this in the past and the little 3M buttons sometimes lets go and then you loose the lens. Also everytime you remove the lens at night you risk ripping these Velco 3M buttons of...they are actually quite pricy. I also did not like the weight and the level of protrusion in front of the lens of some of the commercially available guards. I designed the guard and then with the help of my boet manufactured it...he is brilliant with a router. We did make templates if ever I needed a raplacement or if a WD also wants one....

Attachments

• BMW2 012.jpg
    BMW2 012.jpg
    65.3 KB
  • BMW2 010.jpg
    BMW2 010.jpg
    54.3 KB
  • BMW2 007.jpg
    BMW2 007.jpg
    48.3 KB
  • BMW2 001.jpg
    BMW2 001.jpg