How awesome was Parklands yesterday?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rough Rider

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Yesterday we had possibly the best conditions I have ever experienced in Parklands. It was a truly epic ride   :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:

[flash=680,485]https://www.youtube.com/v/xsZmYyZ-Dbc[/flash]

Maccassar was just as good, the sand was lekka hard with great grip  :thumleft: I still saw my ass a few times though  :D

Nice vid that gives a good impression of your low-flying. Lekker.

Crossed-up said:

Thanks; like I said it was awesome and I am still pumped  :thumleft:

Another video of my May 1 ride  :biggrin:

[flash=680,485]https://www.youtube.com/v/kXdkSQNjZog[/flash]

Last one  :mad:

[flash=680,485]https://www.youtube.com/v/Yen4xiGWq0o[/flash]

Ek wil ook so 'n bike he!!!!  Lekke vids thanx!

Jerichorider said:

The beauty of these Japanese 250 2smoke MX bikes is the price you pay. You get a whole lot of bike for a relatively small amount of money  :thumleft:

When the conditions are like that there is nothing in the world that beats that feeling (my bias opinion)  :biggrin:

Rough Rider said:
Crossed-up said:

Thanks; like I said it was awesome and I am still pumped  :thumleft:

lekker stuff Rough Rider conditions were just great!!

Rough Rider said:
Jerichorider said:

The beauty of these Japanese 250 2smoke MX bikes is the price you pay. You get a whole lot of bike for a relatively small amount of money  :thumleft:

When the conditions are like that there is nothing in the world that beats that feeling (my bias opinion)  :biggrin:

have to agree... :thumleft:

2StrokeDan said:
If you're not on Jap, you're on scrap. :3some:
:deal: :deal: :deal: :deal:
:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:
I had a Suzuki PE 250 in 1983. How I did not kill myself on that thing is beyond me.
Suppose it was mild compared to the 2 smokes of today.

chrisL said:
2StrokeDan said:
If you're not on Jap, you're on scrap. :3some:
:deal: :deal: :deal: :deal:
:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:
I had a Suzuki PE 250 in 1983. How I did not kill myself on that thing is beyond me.
Suppose it was mild compared to the 2 smokes of today.

You will find it the other way around; your PE was probably a lot more wild than the newer ones that are fitted with power valves  :deal:

Sláinte Mhaith said:
What camera do you use and how is it mounted?
GoPro on chest?

It is a GoPro and in these videos it is mounted on my chest. You have to buy the chest harness separate.

I also have various mounts plucked all over my helmet, which gives better footage but in the bush the camera takes a beating.

Hey Rough Rider ;D

Where abouts do you normally park the cars to go ride on that route you rode in that clip bud? I dont have anyone I know with experience riding that area, looks fantastic, great speed and flow.

I am keen to learn the maze of routes outback there in Parklands, however, being a southern suburbs dweller I have generally been limited to burning around Melkbos 4X4 in that area, which is I am getting a little bit tired of. Is there a spot where you guys ride from thats established and safe for leaving all the gear behind in the bakkie, where a Solo ride can cruise from?

Great vid - I was at Melkbos on that day and it was nice and compact until the crowds arrived and chopped it up.

Cheers

James

jpcussen said:
Hey Rough Rider ;D

Where abouts do you normally park the cars to go ride on that route you rode in that clip bud? I dont have anyone I know with experience riding that area, looks fantastic, great speed and flow.

I am keen to learn the maze of routes outback there in Parklands, however, being a southern suburbs dweller I have generally been limited to burning around Melkbos 4X4 in that area, which is I am getting a little bit tired of. Is there a spot where you guys ride from thats established and safe for leaving all the gear behind in the bakkie, where a Solo ride can cruise from?

Great vid - I was at Melkbos on that day and it was nice and compact until the crowds arrived and chopped it up.

Cheers

James

Hi James,

I live in the area so I ride straight out of my garage. I normally meet my mates at Builder Warehouse; which would not be a bad spot to park and leave trailers etc.

A new shopping centre has also opened up as well a Parklands College which both have reasonable parking areas.

The other option is to ride from Zone 7, we always stop there for a Coke during the ride.

Due to my job I unfortunately don't get to ride very often and when I do it is last minute type of stuff, but you are welcome to PM me your number and we can try and hook up some time.

BTW what do you ride?

Cheers David