How did it happen???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosparra

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
About 5km before Badplaas (Mpumalanga) my front tyre (Mitas O7) with about 2500km on, just went flat. I did about 130 km/h, hit nothing I can recall. Felt the bike starting to swerve slightly and closed the throttle, with some effort kept the bike up to a standstill. Got off and the tyre was completely flat, a part of it still in it`s position on the rim and about a 3rd fell inwards, away from the position on the rim. After careful inspection I could`nt find a tear, hole, obstruction or mark(bent) on the rim. We could not get the tyre in position, eventually poured some milk that a passerby supplied to get some moisture between the rim and tyre, eventually got the tyre in place on the rim and inflated to about 1 bar. Drove on slowly to Badplaas, got to the garage and inflated to 2 bar. Stopped at cradle of life for a beer and late lunch. After an hour checked the tyre, still on 2bar. Carried on to Barberton, another 70km. Checked this morning, tyre still fine. What happened???