How to (NOT) enter the Baviaans via Sleytlerville - Picture report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your pictures is useless without some remarks or explanation!!! :mad:
Who, where, how and some idea of the route you followed will be nice thanks.

The pictures are nice though and the trail looks though and challenging. :thumleft:

Dustdevil said:

:dousing:
KAK, the pictures speak volumes. (the heading says it all, "How to (NOT) enter the Baviaans via Steytlerville - Picture report)

Oros said:
Dustdevil said:

:dousing:
KAK, the pictures speak volumes. (the heading says it all, "How to (NOT) enter the Baviaans via Steytlerville - Picture report)

So what, you wanna say SE's are the only bikes fit to ride that road?

May be this road are there any gates or charges.
Thanks for posting Adventure riding you got to love it.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    79.9 KB
Outthere said:
May be this road are there any gates or charges.
Thanks for posting Adventure riding you got to love it.

That's it ...

It's part of the Lampbrecht's 4x4 routes so one should stop and pay (on the other side of road and IF you actually make it accross).  Only gates are those that of a bokkraal that you drive through.  There were some goat herders and that's it.

AFAIK there's a gate on Steytlerville side that needs to be unlocked by prior arrangement.

I've never tried the route but I've known about it since it was made in the mid 1970's.

PS: My dad grew up in that farmhouse in the background with the red roof.

Sprocketbek said:
AFAIK there's a gate on Steytlerville side that needs to be unlocked by prior arrangement.

I've never tried the route but I've known about it since it was made in the mid 1970's.

PS: My dad grew up in that farmhouse in the background with the red roof.

Must have been our lucky day.   Must say the farmers in the area are very accommodating towards bikers.  If you stop and ask directions you will most likely end up having a beer or at least coffee.

frank the tank said:
Hi Jagemeiyster

Will you please post a Garmin map where exactly you turn of for this lekker route .

Sorry to say I was not tracking the route.  Frankie might have better directioins.

Rider392 said:
???
Do you guys think a Transalp with knoblies will make it up there?

Depends on you sense oh homour and spirit of adventure ...  Will be fun trying ...

KTM Jagermeister said:
frank the tank said:
Hi Jagemeiyster

Will you please post a Garmin map where exactly you turn of for this lekker route .

Sorry to say I was not tracking the route.  Frankie might have better directioins.

Point proven.

Rider392 said:
???
Do you guys think a Transalp with knoblies will make it up there?

This has less to do with the bike but more about rider ability........ You just gonna break more on certain bikes than others. Your biggest enemy is going to be weight.

:biggrin:
Thanks KTM, I learned to laugh at myself during times of afk%k and when it comes to the spirit thing, I have enough!
Great RR from u!