I'll be in atlantis tomorrow morning,Join me!Beginner friendly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michiel

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
I start this ride report on behalf of EtienneNXR.

Thanks for an thriller of a ride! EtienneNXR, Bus, Stev0, and myself were joined by three Transalps to go to Atlantis.
We took the railway line and after fixing a spark plug and two flat tires we were finally in the sand.

Somehow the sand was easy yet not so easy, I found it tricky but needless to say the poor bastards on the Hondas
suffered all the way. Good sport they were though and made it all the way to the dunes via the back road.

Atlantis001.jpg

Atlantis002.jpg

The photographs are meant as a get-well-soon gift for Etienne.

Atlantis003.jpg

Atlantis004.jpg

Atlantis005.jpg

Atlantis006.jpg

Atlantis007.jpg

Atlantis008.jpg

Atlantis009.jpg

Atlantis010.jpg

Atlantis011.jpg

Atlantis012.jpg

Leaving the Honda brigade behind, on my request, we headed for the infamous back tracks. Motorcross stuff!

Atlantis013.jpg

Atlantis014.jpg

Atlantis015.jpg

Atlantis016.jpg

Atlantis017.jpg

Atlantis018.jpg

Atlantis019.jpg

Atlantis020.jpg

Heading back towards the main dunes we got seriously tired, very difficult riding. Right on the edge of the open
dunes we had to get up one last steep hill... Ons het lekker afgekak! Charge with fury to get as much momentum
as possible and then just end up crashing into the "growwe takkies", Etienne's description of fynbos.  ;D

Atlantis021.jpg

Atlantis022.jpg

Atlantis023.jpg

Atlantis024.jpg

Atlantis025.jpg

As some of you probably heard already, Etienne had a bad fall and hurt his wrist. I got a good fright seeing him
fall and lying still. Complaining he couldn't move his wrist. Sorry Etienne, get well soon.

Nice RR , bliksem ma,julle ouens kan ry !!!!!!!!Get well soon ET !!

Very good quality pictures, what camera are you using?

No Etienne! Sorry to hear mate, get well soon!

In hospital now, they operating tonight, DONT WORRY MOUNTAIN BOY , the xr doesnt even have a scrath!

EtienneNXR said:
In hospital now, they operating tonight, DONT WORRY MOUNTAIN BOY , the xr doesnt even have a scrath!

What???? What happened? Shit man did you fall?

Big, big bummer, Etienne!  I hope you heal real fast - before MTB wants his bike back.  Best wishes.

Ai tog ou maat, sterkte met die operasie man! Vertrou jy sal gou weer terug wees op 2 wiele!

Moet terug gaan met die Xaar! Dis darm net te veel fun, bloody hell!

Nice going. Goes to show, Etienne is wearing every piece of kit you can think of and he breaks his wrist!

A big thanks to you guys for being so patient with us okes on the Transalps. I must say it was hard work but great fun!
Etienne get well soon dude!
I am thinking of not allowing Fuzzy Muzzy to do these trips any more as they seem to be costing him around 4k a trip in losses and damages.

I think I am going to buy a much lighter bike when I get back from our trip, dunes look like so much fun on a 100kg instead 200kg bike :p

EnXR after seeing your back tyre buried like that I would really re think going in there with my Beast :D :D

Nice riding there....and heal soon

We will soon see you back up there withus.....

and what a fright you got when you saw this PACK of WDs surround you in hospital, this avvie... :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:

Ettiene jammer om te hoor van jou val man,alle voorspoed met die herstel. Ai daai XR is besig om naam te maak om manne af te gooi.

Waynan said:
A big thanks to you guys for being so patient with us okes on the Transalps. I must say it was hard work but great fun!
Etienne get well soon dude!
I am thinking of not allowing Fuzzy Muzzy to do these trips any more as they seem to be costing him around 4k a trip in losses and damages.

I think I am going to buy a much lighter bike when I get back from our trip, dunes look like so much fun on a 100kg instead 200kg bike :p

No worries, guys... You can read all you want and get told all you want about sand riding. The only way to learn is to get in there and kak off. Eventually it comes to you. Oh, and a light bike helps too, of course...  :biggrin:

What happened to Fuzzy's bike?

Oh and thanks for the tyre weld earlier that morning.

Will add my pics a little later

And Stev0... Sorry for the soaking en route... :evil6:

Bus said:
Will add my pics a little later

And Stev0... Sorry for the soaking en route... :evil6:

Ja bus... the wheel tuns...  :mwink:

Whoaa this looks like FUN!
apart from Etienne's mishap of coarse..

I ...
need..
to..
ride...