Insurance when going across the border(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baches

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
I was on my way to Walvis Bay from Helmeringhausen when I came across these two chaps on their Trans Alps. They were on their way to Botswana via the Caprivi. When passing them I noticed that one bike had some spares lying next to him and turned around to offer a helping hand. It seems that the one guy, Murray, was busy filming while riding on the dirt road and then hit a soft patch and fell because he couldn't get rid of his camera that was in his left hand. I offered to take him and his bike to Windhoek because he needed medical treatment and it would be stupid to drop him off in Maltahohe where there's not even a decent hospital. While driving , Murray mentioned that he forgot to take out insurance on his bike , camera etc etc. Isn't that the first thing one should do when leaving on such a long trip ???? Check out the damage on his bike. It's going to cost plenty to repair it. Luckily Murray wasn't hurt except for a injured ankle. ATGATT helped again.

Attachments

• SDC10176.jpg
    SDC10176.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 119
  • SDC10178.jpg
    SDC10178.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 120