Introduction and Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Husaberg (all models)
Hey Guys

My name is Lee and I am from Portland, Oregon.  I have been working here in South Africa (Johannesburg) for the last 3-4 months.  So far, I've really loved the country.  In two weeks, I'm doing a road trip from Joburg through Lesotho (down Sani Pass) to East London and then along the coast to Cape Town.  I won't have time to see the Katse Dam on my longer trip, which is something I really wanted to do.  With that being said, I was thinking about going there this weekend as this is my last free weekend before I'm leave for my longer trip.  I thought about driving there but then had a thought how much more fun it would be doing it on a motobike.  So I did all the google searches for bike rentals in South Africa, and found one post that said some members here will rent their bike.  What part of the forum would I go about posting a request for a motorbike rental on?

I've been riding for 7 years and have my passport, local and international driver's license with motorcycle permit.  I don't have a strong preference to the actual type of bike.  Some sort of sport bike would be nice (even if it's older) as I will be on tarred roads the entire time, but any bike would do.  I can pay decent money as long as it is a better deal than the local motorcycle rental shops, especially if you can include a helmet in the deal.  I would only need the bike from Nov 22 to Nov 24.

I realize it's short notice but I figured I'd throw this out there in case anyone wants some extra cash and won't be using their bike this weekend.  My e-mail is [email protected] if you want to get a hold of me (or private message), and I can provide you my phone number once I we've chatted online.

Baie dankie