Introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imran

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hello Everybody
I am coming from the "cruiser" background. Recently on a ride from Lenasia (home) to CT, Springbok, Upington, Vryburg and back, I stopped to refuel in Clanwilliam. I normally ride alone, but met 2 guys from an adventure club, they proceeded to ride a road that was not part of my planned route, Being curious, I asked the garage attendant where "that" road lead to. He laughed, saying I'd never make it on this bike (cruiser). In Keimos, the place I stayed in was owned by a farmer who was eager to show me around in his 4x4. He too, said off-road was the only option. After my trip I visited a dealer to test ride an adventure bike. I was pleasantly surprised. I sold the cruiser and bought my first adventure bike, a BMW R1200GSA, pre-owned in February 2016. A few issues prompted me to get a new R1200GS LC Trophy in August 2016. The new bike now has just over 500km, and I am looking forward to starting my off-road adventures! By the way I was pointed in this direction by the guy who fitted K60 tyres on the previous bike.

I look forward to receiving advice and guidance from this forum.

Kind Regards