It all started at Toorwater…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's adventure riding! TR, I'm sure you would've skipped the bee part though.....

Nice trip and report  gents. TR glad you're OK :thumleft:

I will finish up the report with part 4 tomorrow.

A little off topic, but since it's been mentioned... :deal: I know of quite a few people who are allergic to bee stings. Maybe the following info can help if you ride with someone (me
icon_mrgreen.gif
) who get stung.

Anyone can suffer allergic reactions to bee stings. Although more people die from severe allergic reactions to bee stings each year than from snake bites, only a small number of people with bee sting allergies suffer these types of fatal reactions. People who have full-blown allergic reactions that cause anaphylaxis are rare. About .5% of children and 3% of adults will experience anaphylaxis after a stinging insect bite.

Symptoms and signs of Anaphylaxis:

Bee sting allergy symptoms often begin with a dry cough. Then, the eye area begins to itch and swell. As symptoms progress, the patient begins to sneeze and wheeze, and develop hives that itch. These symptoms may be warning signs of a dangerous condition called anaphylaxis. Symptoms include sudden anxiety and weakness, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest, very low blood pressure, loss of consciousness, and shock. Anaphylactic shock can occur within minutes and result in death. A patient in anaphylactic shock needs immediate medical treatment.

Treatment:

Anaphylactic shock is treated with an injection of epinephrine, a hormone that stimulates the heart and relaxes the airways. This may be combined with an injection of an antihistamine, which counteracts the histamine produced by the immune cells during an allergic reaction. Those who are known to have severe bee sting allergies should carry a self-injection kit, including antihistamine tablets, for emergency treatment. However, they should still seek medical care after any type of reaction to a bee sting.

JustBiking said:
Now that's adventure riding! TR, I'm sure you would've skipped the bee part though.....

;D

Nah, it's part of what made the ride memorable. You play the cards you're dealt. :) Luckily it didn't end the trip!

Jirretjie ma jy lat i man skrik. Dis oor dai moerse bike wat jy diesdae ry. Always keep it real. I'm watching you.

Great report and pics
Glad you ok TR

This guys name is      Patrick Eke      he is  from PE.

Attachments

• IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    210.1 KB
Patrick is a legend. Bought us shooters and we spoke alot of sh1t. He even came to see how I was doing the next morning and gave me some essentiaals  :biggrin:

Bakkie said:
Patrick is a legend. Bought us shooters and we spoke alot of sh1t. He even came to see how I was doing the next morning and gave me some essentiaals  :biggrin:

Party animal of note    ;D

Baviaans!!!

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02371.jpg

Bakkie falling asleep at a stop!!!  :bueller:
DSC02372.jpg

Tr almost rode over me after this pic!!  :eek:
DSC02377.jpg

Bakkie did it like a pro!!
DSC02381.jpg

TR looking cool.  :thumleft:
DSC02386.jpg

DSC02391.jpg

DSC02392.jpg

Some very tired peeps after doing baviaans!!!  :bar:
DSC02393.jpg

it's not really the baviaans roads that made me tired.... it's the Baviaans Hospitality that took it out of me the night before

"Hospitality"? I was wondering what her name was...

;D

Bakkie said:
:eek7: bliksem

TR please just remember that there is an un-written rule of "what happens on a ride, stays on a ride".

:peepwall:

I simply love that sentence it just makes one wonder ....and yep it certainly builds a special bond doesnt it???? >:D >:D >:D >:D

TR stunning pictures....we are so fortunate to have this on our doorstep..... :mwink: :mwink:

Nice RR guys

Hi Trailrider, awesome RR once again!

Here is another thread where we discussed anaphylactic shock a while ago, please read the whole thread, I have touched treatment, side effects etc in a few posts.

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=34787.0

Take care

Tom

TVB said:
Hi Trailrider, awesome RR once again!

Here is another thread where we discussed anaphylactic shock a while ago, please read the whole thread, I have touched treatment, side effects etc in a few posts.

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=34787.0

Take care

Tom

Thanks Tom  :thumleft:

What a good ride ,story and pics, seriously hope to do some of that soon! :mwink: