Itchy Boots - New Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think she has been very shrewed in promoting the old tech bike. I think she realises her main audiance are us oldies and we might pay more attention just to see how it performs.
Not sure about that main audience thing. My perception is that is mainly woman and even non-riders before it gets to us oldies.

Can help bring that down.

Guy in Goodwood who upholsters some seriously expensive cars, but is a rider and also does bike seats. Did my Harleys seat, with new foam and two texture fabric for R950.

Another guy who sprays hand built Ferrari replicas who could do the tank for around 3.5K maybe in a single colour.

I just like playing along with the "rebuild dream" as it would be flipping cool.
I have seats to be done.....

Sure, but that is if you can find one for R30k.. you probably will not

Then you cant just take out the labour, saying, oh do it yourself.. labour is the bulk of the cost of any bike build

Then this motor was completly built up. including wiring upgrade... you are coming in very light at R9k

You gonna hit the price of a 300 rally easily for this build without breaking a sweat
Then just look for a 600E, essentially the same bike, and thise you can find cheaper.

Not sure about that main audience thing. My perception is that is mainly woman and even non-riders before it gets to us oldies.
We're 19 pages into a new thread of her travels, and how many 100's in the first thread? Mostly us toppies commenting I would say. Anyway, good luck to her. Time will tell. Expect others to copycat too.

We're 19 pages into a new thread of her travels, and how many 100's in the first thread? Mostly us toppies commenting I would say. Anyway, good luck to her. Time will tell. Expect others to copycat too.
This is WD. Mainly toppies here and as such, not representative of her following outside WDs. If you look at comment son her Facebook, or even YouTube you will get a completely different picture of her following.

This is WD. Mainly toppies here and as such, not representative of her following outside WDs. If you look at comment son her Facebook, or even YouTube you will get a completely different picture of her following.
What would the 'surfers' know about the bikes? They are the voyeurs more like. Anyway, whatever, still think it's a clever move. Maybe someone in her past rode one and that influenced her decision.

If young people followed her in any significant numbers, it would reflect on new bike sales.

Bike sales are down year on year.

Because of soapies like "Itchyboots".

This is obviously why she now went for a Yamaha, huge class injection into her roadshow.

Her biggest challenge remains weight.

That is why she gave her 30kg luggage to a bakkie driver while crossing the treacherous sand of the Sahara desert.

Riding the worst roads in the world - the mud holes of north west Africa during the rainy season with 14 vehicles getting stuck in one such a hole - requires a light bike. There is a reason why the Honda CG125s of this world is so popular all over. No huge hp or 21" front wheels or great suspensions. Just light bikes.

Her biggest challenge remains weight.

That is why she gave her 30kg luggage to a bakkie driver while crossing the treacherous sand of the Sahara desert.

Riding the worst roads in the world - the mud holes of north west Africa during the rainy season with 14 vehicles getting stuck in one such a hole - requires a light bike. There is a reason why the Honda CG125s of this world is so popular all over. No huge hp or 21" front wheels or great suspensions. Just light bikes.
Her best bet then

1728048939159.png

What would the 'surfers' know about the bikes? They are the voyeurs more like. Anyway, whatever, still think it's a clever move. Maybe someone in her past rode one and that influenced her decision.
They wouldn't and that was my point initially. He using this bike will have very little impact on the market as the majority of her followers know very little about bikes.

Does beg you to ask what destination a bike like this will be more more beneficial, and I think places where new tech cannot be serviced easily. New trip maybe round or through Australia, America or Outer Mongolia, as I am thinking deserts, LARGE tank and October is start of European Winter.