Itchy Boots - New Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I felt a lot like Jacobsroodt (what he expressed about Noraly's bike...) , BEFORE reading his comments, now I feel even more like saying it...:

I don't reckon she will FINISH this trip on THIS bike, and that she will revert to a DIFFERENT bike...

DELIGHTED to be proved wrong, but I too think that all that talk about 'double-redundancies' on EVERYTHING was above her head, and that the bike SEEMS to me, to be 'wrong' for her.... Always useful to have a fuel gauge, when going half-way-round the World... 🤔

On THIS bike, she remind me of Gustav Rahier - not his legendary riding skills, but rather his HEIGHT (or lack thereof!).
(That said, it did not slow HIM down!!!)

I wish her well, but still think there were other - even better-suited VINTAGE bikes she could have tried...!
Just not 'getting' her plan... 🤔
I agree. Too much of a good thing could quite possibly be her downfall.

I'll give it to her for trying something different and from what Ive seen of the rebuild its an excellent bike, there is no reason why it shouldnt finish the trip but Im with you, I didnt think its the right bike for her, happy to be proven wrong
The bike will finish the trip. Norally will finish the trip. Norally on the bike will not finish the trip. Betting opens on R100.

Neeman... sy sal fine wees.
As ek daai video so luister is die bike ge-detune spesiaal vir haar, 8 tande extra op rear sprocket, top-end heeltemal verwyder, seat gaan baie baie baie laag wees, backup knoppies is in plek vir die backup knoppies sodat sy nie hoef te sukkel met of sonder 'n sleutel om die bike te starts nie; en 'n kickstart vir show. Twee regulator/rectifiers, twee CDIs, geen instruments. Neewat, sy kan maar die youtube kanaal toemaak as sy diè bike ook in twee breek ;)

Ek is wel inspired met daai handguards van die bike. Ek is nou oortuig dat my original DR650 handguards ook sal kan pas op my steel frames. Ek wik en weeg al vir 'n ruk lank of ek dit wil opsit.
1728391868993.png

is wel inspired met daai handguards van die bike. Ek is nou oortuig dat my original DR650 handguards ook sal kan pas op my steel frames. Ek wik en weeg al vir 'n ruk lank of ek dit wil opsit.

Self!!!
Nogal BAIE leersame "tip" daai van Ze German gewees.
Dink die girl sal lekker regkom.
Bike is lig, en soos jy se "adopted" vir haar.

I felt a lot like Jacobsroodt (what he expressed about Noraly's bike...) , BEFORE reading his comments, now I feel even more like saying it...:

I don't reckon she will FINISH this trip on THIS bike, and that she will revert to a DIFFERENT bike...

DELIGHTED to be proved wrong, but I too think that all that talk about 'double-redundancies' on EVERYTHING was above her head, and that the bike SEEMS to me, to be 'wrong' for her.... Always useful to have a fuel gauge, when going half-way-round the World... 🤔

On THIS bike, she remind me of Gustav Rahier - not his legendary riding skills, but rather his HEIGHT (or lack thereof!).
(That said, it did not slow HIM down!!!)

I wish her well, but still think there were other - even better-suited VINTAGE bikes she could have tried...!
Just not 'getting' her plan... 🤔
Gaston Rahier

Soo, you lift the gas tank 5cm higher, and then you can use the 2l...

View attachment 918913
Worked very well with both my Yamaha RD50 and RD250. Once all out of fuel, I'd push it backward against a pavement, lifted the front wheel of the ground, gave it a good shake and voila! 15 - 20 odd more kms. Of course the lifting bit would be a issue these days, but doing that with just the tank would be possible.

Worked very well with both my Yamaha RD50 and RD250. Once all out of fuel, I'd push it backward against a pavement, lifted the front wheel of the ground, gave it a good shake and voila! 15 - 20 odd more kms. Of course the lifting bit would be a issue these days, but doing that with just the tank would be possible.
My one neighbour with a KTM 950 said he tilts the bike over to the left side to get a bit of fuel from the right tank (At the bottom of the tank) to the left tank as a bail out if he runs out.

My one neighbour with a KTM 950 said he tilts the bike over to the left side to get a bit of fuel from the right tank (At the bottom of the tank) to the left tank as a bail out if he runs out.
Yep worked on the DRZ400 as well. Could get another 500ml or so into the fuel tap side with aftermarket tank

Yep worked on the DRZ400 as well. Could get another 500ml or so into the fuel tap side with aftermarket tank
Wish I had known this on my 950 shortly after I got her, and not knowing that the fuel level sensor is not working, and then running out of fuel and doing the walk of shame with the bike.