Jehovah Jireh Presents Run 1 Dec 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DASKOP said:
That can make a grown man cry.

Agreed  :thumleft:, what a beautiful card and what a beautiful deed you guys and gals did.  :3some:

I am planning a trip for June 2014, comprising of Botswana, a big loop through both Zambia and Tanzania, Zanzibar, Malawi and Zimbabwe (depending on the situation there at that time).

If I can get it right, then I would like to turn this trip into a fundraiser for the Jehovah Jireh Childrens Haven. I have absolutely no idea how to go about this. I need some help and guidance here.

Can anyone maybe shed some light? ANY input or opinion will be appreciated.

great ride report why cant we all live in peace thank u for sharing

>>Thump°C said:
I'll see what i can find out

Hi J.

Thanks for that.

I have spoken to A.L. She gave me their registration numbers, so that is a good start.

I am going to keep this discussion as public as possible in this thread hoping that I can get some advice. Also, maybe some of the forum members will be willing to assist in this endeavour.

Cheers,
Marius.

Marius, give me a shout will se how I can help you  :thumleft:

Great.

Jorust should have contacts for newspapers, and the FB JJ group members will also assist a lot.
Starting your own Facebook thread linked to the Jehovah Jireh group will also grow with support as well.
(Invite various media sites to join the group as well)

Media coverage along the way will bring supporters in, especially with foreigners hunting in those areas you'll be riding in.
So if you can get their contact details it would be good.
Also try arrange events with the places you intend staying at, they may like to jump on the band wagon for marketing value.
Get a few tourists and important locals drunk and you'll get lots of donations, hehe

All the best

Great. Thanks J.

Biker Lifestyle magazine wanted to do a RR on my last trip covering a few issues of the magazine. I think I can get them on board for this venture.

I have been in contact with Jo about the proposed trip before and will let her know about the fundraising aspect and I know she will help if she can.

We need to get a wish list from JJCH, in case people want to donate off the list in lieu of money.

Nobody else that can assist, advise................15000 wilddog members??

Marius, maybe start a seperate thread with a different name, then link this thread to that one.
You may get more response from a new thread.

>>Thump°C said:
Marius, maybe start a seperate thread with a different name, then link this thread to that one.
You may get more response from a new thread.

Very good idea.

I am busy doing my route planning and there are a lot of unknown areas I want to visit and maybe some of the guys have been there and can give me some input.

I will get that up and running within the next few days.